Ch 12

A key turned the lock to the door of the Timber home. QT used her hip to push the door open more with her hands occupied with her coat. Her keys spun around a finger as she kicked the door close with her heel.

"Where were you?!" Cristina came out of the hallway. The young girl came out in her pjs even though it was only noon. For her it was a lazy day. "Seriously, one text saying 'things happened won't be home'! What happened?!"

"Everything happened Sis." QT threw her coat on the couch and she spun to lock the door. "Lincoln's eldest sister, Lori, kind of blew up on me."

"Geez, I thought you said they weren't going to be there." Cristina sat on the couch next to her sister's jacket.

"She wasn't supposed to be, she followed us."

"Nosey much?"

"They were just concerned for Lincoln." Quinlan plopped next to Cristina. "I might punch your boyfriend if he was my age."

"She punched you?!"

"No!" QT waved her hands to deny the accusation. "Well she did kick and shoulder barged me."

"That's worse!"

"Yeah it kind of is... it's all worked out through." QT looked to her sister. "Mrs. Loud gave me her permission to date Lincoln. Now we don't have to hide it from them anymore."

"Isn't his sister still angry at you?" Cristina asked.

"Uhh...I don't know. She's been grounded so I didn't see her today."

"Is she your age?"

"Lori's 17, Leni's the one my age."

"So you'll see her at school tomorrow?"

Cristina's question caused QT to freeze. In the past she had seen Leni around as she had a class with her. If she was at the school that means so was Lori. The last time Quinlan saw her, she seemed like she wanted to make up but... Would they really be able to get along.

"Sis. Sis?!" Cristina's voice snapped QT out of her thoughts. "C'mon sis, are you sure you're okay?"

The bewildered teen took a moment to respond. "I think I am. I'm just worried about how they might respond to me now that they know is all."

"You think they'll try and fight you?"

"Nah, I think they'll just give me a stink eye or butt heads with me socially. If they really tried to fight me, without Lincoln there, I wouldn't mind throwing a few punches. Finally put all that LA boxing to use." She leaned back in the couch, "But if they are anything like Lincoln, I don't think they'll do any of that."

"Well I hope it works out... but one thing sis..."

"What is it, Cristina?"

"You stink. Go take a shower."

QT sat up straight and lifted up an arm. Taking a light sniff she did smell. Her last shower was yesterday morning, and through the roller coaster that was the drama, she had built quite a sweat. It wasn't awful but it was noticeable.

"Perhaps I just smell like Lincoln." QT stood blowing a raspberry and lowering an eyelid at her sister.

"Well then he stinks and how would he get it all over you anyways?"

"Uhh..." QT averted her eyes from the girl allowing Cristina to realize something was up.

"No. You didn't!"

"It's not what you're thinking." Quinlan retreated into the hallway. Cristina chased after her.

"Details woman! I demand details!"