late nights

late night trips to different stores around newcastle was always mine and sam's favourite thing to do. there was always something about nobody else being around really creating that sense of euphoria for us.

usually at 2am nobody is ever around, especially weekdays. adults are asleep as they have work, and the kids have school. then there's me and sam. the only two people who seem to be awake at this time.

"where do you fancy going tonight?" sam asked me. usually, i would say a 24/7 supermarket, such as tesco, but this time i had something else in mind.

"how about we sit in the park and look at the stars?" i smiled at sam and he smiled back.

"that sounds lush im not going to lie" i giggled at that.

after we got our food, we headed to the very empty park. not gonna lie, it was pretty scary. it was so pitch black i couldn't see a thing. sam laid out a blanket for us to lie on seeing as it was muddy (typical england).

"this is proper nice, like" sam said. he looked at me and smiled. sam's smile is so contagious, as it makes everyone else seem to smile too. including me.

we spent about an hour staring at the stars before it started raining. a lot. we managed to collect our stuff before it got too soaked, and we ran back to the car. we were already dripping with water when we managed to get in the car.

"should we just go to tesco next time?" sam laughed.