nice to meet you

today was the day i would see my cousin again. my cousin was called joe, and i haven't seen him for YEARS. joe and i were the closest cousins, on both my mam and dads side. we were inseparable when we younger, and when i moved away from newcastle, i never saw him again. but today i will. today is the day. we finally got in touch again, and we're meeting up. he told me that some of his mates will be there, but it didn't really bother me. i currently live in manchester, but i'm going up to see him as i saved up enough money.
i arrived in newcastle at around 1pm, and since i was a bit early, i went into greggs. i ordered my usual (a steak bake) and sat on an unoccupied chair. it was quite empty, which was very unusual as most geordies love greggs.
at that very moment, the shop flooded with northern accents, and i instantly felt at home. i cant remember the last time that i heard that same accent, and it felt great.
one particular boy noticed that i was sat on my own and he made my way towards me. he was easily the most noticeable one in the group, with his dirty blonde hair and bluey green eyes, and with the biggest smile anyone had ever seen.
"hallo, uh are ya on ya own?" he said to me.
i nodded in response and he motioned me to come and sit with him. i sat with him and all his other friends and that's when i noticed. joe. my cousin. the main reason that i visited newcastle.
when he noticed me, the biggest smile appeared on his face. it was as if he won the lottery.
"y/n!!!" he jumped up and gave me the biggest hug.
the blonde haired boy then looked at me, then back at joe before realising.
"ah so you're the cousin!" he laughed.
i nodded and i sat in between joe and him.
joe then introduced me to all the boys, before turning to the dirty blonde haired boy.
"this is sam, am sure you two will get on just fine" he laughed.
everyone laughed and me and sam looked at each other in confusion.
"it's nice to meet you, y/n" sam smiled, "and a can agree, am sure we will get on just fine" he smiled again, which looked more like a smirk. i smiled back at him and sat back. these were going to be the best few months of my life.