jealous

it was another night being backstage at sam's gig, and i was sat in the green room on my own. i could hear the faint sounds of sam performing and i nodded along to the beat of each song, occasionally singing along. me and sam we're close friends, and we have been since we were younger. we were irreplaceable. we never left each other's sides, and the longest we have gone is a week.
sam currently has a girlfriend. which isn't me. i guess you could say i was a little jealous of her. but only a little. i mean, she's so much prettier than me, and she makes sam laugh. i started to like sam about a year ago when we were alone once and something almost happened.
he doesn't know i like him, but all his band do. they say they "ship" me more with him than his actual girlfriend, which i find hilarious.
the door swung wide open and in walked sams girlfriend. we do get along, it's not like we hate each other, but i can say that i am SO jealous of her. seeing her and sam together makes me quite sad, but he can like who he likes.
"d'ya know when they're off stage?" she asks me nicely.
i shook my head and she shrugged and sat down.
"so, how long have ya known sam for?"
i looked at her. she already knows this. me and sam have told her plenty of times.
"during primary school" i smiled at her as if this wasn't the thousandth time saying this.
"oh cool" she replied bluntly.
we went silent for a bit before the sound of cheers filled the room which thankfully broke the awkwardness.
"so were ya like besties or something?"
i looked back at her again. is she serious? can someone be this jealous? i thought i was bad.
"aye a guess you can say that" i nodded.
she mumbled something i couldn't quite out before she looked back down at her phone.
i could hear the sounds of voices getting closer to us and i assumed the boys were back.
"they were INSANE" sam laughed.
all the boys laughed. i'm guessing the audience was a bit mad then.
sam came and sat down next to me and i chuckled. this was obviously going to make her very jealous.
"sammmm" she said.
i rolled my eyes at the tone and i could swear i saw sam do it aswell.
"yeah?"
"can ya come and sit next to me" she pleaded.
sam looked at me and i laughed.
"ya can come sit over here ya know, y/n doesn't bite" he laughed.
she frowned at me and i smiled. making people jealous is fun. very VERY fun.

-

let me know if yous want a part 2 xo