𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾 .

- ♔ - ♔ -

Flash.
Flash.
Hundreds of cameras could be seen even from where Faith was standing, safe behind the thick, black curtain.
She tried not to touch her face, or cry, as her makeup was perfectly intact.
This was so surreal.
She was at the Grammys.
"Hey, are you listening?"
Faith snapped back to reality as Amanda and the rest of her friends were trying to get her attention.
"I'm so proud of you," Amanda said, and the girls behind her agreed. Yasemena and Rudy pulled her in for a hug.
"You guys made it!" Faith choked out, almost sobbing, squeezing her friends tight.
"Of course girly," Rudy said.
"Stopppp," Yasemena said, "you're gonna ruin Nick's hard work!" the girl gestured to Faith's face.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Faith cried, fanning her own face. She took out her phone and opened Snapchat.
"Guys, I'm about to go on the red carpet. I love you guys so much!" She saved it to her memories and slid her phone back into her pocket hidden in her dress.
"Go slay, queen," her friends told her.
"I love you guys," she sighed, pulling her friends in one last time.
And then she went through the curtain.
The boys were already on the red carpet, oblivious to the fact that the same girl they saw take her cello in the music store was just a couple feet behind them. The five boys stood, wearing freshly-tailored velvet suits, each a different color.
Daniel was blue.
Jonah was brown.
Jack was yellow.
Zach was red.
Corbyn was green.
They all had corresponding ties to match their suits, and their shoes were black and glossy.
They looked insanley good.
There Faith stood as well, just a few feet away, wearing one of the most beautiful dresses on the carpet. Her vibrant purple dress started at her chest as periwinkle, then ombre into dark purple at the hem. From the waist down, the dress was puffed out, but not too far as to take up the entire red carpet. Her shoulders were covered in velvet as jewelry from many high-end places was draped around her neck. Her hair was straight as a board as the roots ombre from dark to platinum to purple at the ends. Her makeup looked professional as the purple eyeshadow gleamed in the lights. As photographers screamed for her, she looked exactly where she was coached to.
She looked amazing.

Jack's 3-year-old daughter, Lavender, was also there, holding Jack's hand. She was wearing a velvet yellow dress made of the same material as her father's. The guy's manager thought it would be a good thing for publicity since Lavender could handle herself.
While Faith was turned, Lavender slid her hand out of Jack's grip, stood by herself, and saw the beautiful woman standing a couple of steps away. Lavender, being the sweet girl she is, wanted to say hi. The woman was turned, smiling towards the cameras. Lavender walked over and very gently pulled on the hem of the girl's dress.

Faith felt something pulling at her dress. She turned, looking down at a little girl standing in front of her, wearing a velvet yellow dress. The little girl waved up at her. The woman who towered over her waved back as cameras flashed in front of them, capturing the whole situation.
"Hi, what's your name?" Faith smiled at her.
"Lavender," the small girl answered. "What's yours?"
"My name's Faith, but you can call me whatever you want,'' added Faith, kneeling down to the girl to meet her at eye level.
"I'm gonna call you..." Lavender thought, looking up at the girl, "Rapunzel."
"Okay," laughed Faith. "Can I get a picture with you?" Faith asked the girl, already reaching for her phone in her hidden pocket.
"Sure," beamed Lavender, and Faith held her phone out in front of the two of them, both of them smiling at the camera. Lavender already knew what a selfie was, so her eyes were looking in the right direction.
After Faith put her phone away, she got up off her knee and said to Lavender, "It was so nice to meet you, Lavender."
"It was nice to meet you too, Rapunzel," laughed Lavender.
"I'll see you inside, right?"
"Of course," Faith told the girl.
"Well, I gotta get back to my dad, see you Rapunzel!" waving goodbye to Faith, who waved goodbye back.

- ♔ - ♔ -

✧・🎐゚: 𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒 :✧・🎐゚
this chapter made me soft 🥺