chapter 7

He learned in and sniffed me again.

I froze; I didn't know what to do.

He leaned in even closer and one of his canines brushed against my skin.
I shoved him away and screamed. I started running away from him as far as possible, before he could stand up. I knew vampire has sonic speed.

I run for the sake of my life and didn't dare to turn back. I did a quick prayer in my head.

By a sound of swoosh, he caught up to me and grabbed me by the neck. He tightened his hold around my neck. I screamed in panic and tried to wiggle free.

"Bitch, your not going anywhere. I am going to eat you!" the vampire sneered at me.

"LET GO!" I screamed and tried to kick him.

He threw me on the tree and I hit the tree hard, on the head. I gave a loud scream of pain.

The pain in my head was bursting in my head, the pain exploded everywhere.

The vampire laughed and kneel down next to me.

"Uh," he said softly, "Your blood is . . . strong. I smell it and it is beautiful."

I gasped from the pain in my head. It felt worst every second that pass. I was breathing quickly.

He placed a freezing, cold hand on my neck and I shivered..

"Don't . . . TOUCH ME!!!" I screamed put my hand by the side of my head.
My head was vibrating in pain.

He chuckled and leaned in.

I squeezed my eyes shut and the pounding of my heart was beating a mile per second.

His canines touched my skin and quickly and greedily chopped into my skin. I screamed from all of the pain - my head, my shoulder and my neck. I could feel my blood being taken out of me - quickly, greedily - and I knew I was very close to die. My hand dropped from the side of my head.
I couldn't stop screaming.

"Jennie!!!" Lisa voice shouted and I heard her running.

I opened my eyes and my world spun quickly.

The vampire took one last big gulp and ripped his head from my neck.

I breathed hard, the oxygen from my lungs felt thin and my body was moving up and down unconscious. The pain in my head, shoulder and neck was unbearably painful. I cried of pain.

I turned my head with my last bit of energy to look at Lisa.

I have never seen Lisa like this, her eyes were silver, her nails were extended and canines were a bit long.

"WHAT DO YOU DO TO HER, YOU SON OF A BITCH?" Lisa said and lunged from the vampire.

The vampire charged full speed at him and they fought.

Lisa grabbed his head and yanked his head apart in front of my eyes.

My stomach twisted, starting to feel nauseated.

She threw the head and the body on the floor and ran to me.

"Jennie," she said softly. She lifted my body and held it in her arm.

She squeezed me closer to her. I didn't realize that iwas shivering like crazy.

She brushed my spray hair away from my sweaty face.

My head felt like it was stabbed from her quick touch.

She held me closer to her and I realized how cold I felt.

She put her - now - bloody - hands gently on my head and started exclaiming my opened, oozing split. I cried of pain.

My tears spilled out.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." she whispered quickly.

"Lisa," I whispered with creaks in between, "I . . . I -"
Then, I passed out in her arms.

~~
I woke up from the pain in my head. I felt like someone threw a hammer on my head and someone is spinning the bed. I opened my eyes .

and everything was blurry around me.

I heard beeping and small chattering.
When everything was clear, I looked around me.

Where am I? I though.

"Jennie, you are awake!" a lady said. I stared at her before I remember who she was. Mrs. Manoban.

Then, a hand squeezed my hand. I looked at the person who squeezed my hand.

Lisa

"How do you feel?" Mrs. Manoban asked me. I turned back to her and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing can out.

She snapped her finger and a maiden came in, bring a cup of water. She pushed it on my lips and I hungrily drank it.

Than, she asked again, "How do you feel now, honey?"

I forced my voice out and said, "My head hurts." I put my hands on my head and it hurts like crazy. I was feeling dizzy too.

"Oh, you got stitches on your head, do you remember?" Mrs. Manoban said. I pushed my eyebrows together.

"Do you remember anything from last week?" Lisa asked and squeezed my hand.

I pulled my hands away said, "Last week?"

"Yeah,"

"No, what happen?" I asked.

I thought hard and tried to remember what happen last week.

Lisa looked at Mrs. Manoban.
I tilted my head and thought even harder, trying to ignore the hammering pain. Then, everything came - what happened. I shivered.

"That was last week?" I asked.

"Yeah."

Than I asked, "Where am I?"

"We are in the city's best hospital." Mrs. Manoban said and grinned.

"Does my family know about this?" I blurted.

Mrs. Manoban frowned and said, "No,"

My parents probably think I am perfectly fine, right now.
I shook my head,

Why would I be thinking about them, when they made me do this?

"Can I be excused, I am very tired and I want to rest." I asked.

"Sure honey," Mrs. Manoban said right away and she walked to the door.

"Sleep tight. Ring the bell if you need me." she said and walked out the door.

I stared at the ceiling and blinked for a few moment.

Why wouldn't the pain go away?
I asked. I massaged my temple, but it hard every second I touched it. I laid there on the bed, just staring at the ceiling before my eyelids dropped.