Chapter 11

"Ummmm, I have a question. I, ummm, I was wondering what type of ring this is."

I asked awkwardly, trying not to create a weird and silence atmosphere, but knowing that I am.

I forced myself to look at Lisa and when our eyes met, she quickly looked away. I blinked at her, but she quickly recovered.

She moved in closer and took my hand.

"Umm, let's say that this is a promise ring." Lisa said.

I looked up at me and smile, "What do you promise?"

"I promise you that . . . I will make you happy and that you'll love me." Lisa said cockily. I laughed at her.

"Fine, you promise?" I asked and stuck my pinky finger out.

"Yeah, I promise, even the last part." she said, "You will fall in love with me one day." She hooked her pinky around my pinky and we shook it.

"Deal." she said and I grinned.

I remember what pinky promises were like back when I was child. I would do that all the time when there was something big. But now I am almost 18 and I still pinky promise because this was important and big.

Sometimes, I wonder about the promise that other people make with me, I always wonder if they will come true or they are just lying. And some promises I forget, but this one I know that I never forget this and this promise will keep me thinking if it will happen.

~~~~

"Ok, the dance movement is lady inside, gentlemen outside, lady inside, gentlemen outside!!!!!" Our dancing teacher, Bex, screamed directly at me.

I winced a little. I hated it so far. I had 3 hours of ballroom dancing and I've never got one step move right. I groaned on the inside.

This is so dumb and stupid!!!!
I guess dancing is not one of your favorite Ruby said.

I sighed.

"Move your right leg first." Lisa whispered.

"I did!" I whispered back. These past few hours I have been tangled up with Lisa and tripped over her and MY OWN legs.

"Let me give you tips; when you dance you focus on what your feet do and you keep a beat in your head!!!!" Bex screamed again, looking right at me.

I looked away and rolled my eyes.
She is not helping at all. All I hear is screaming, screaming, and more screaming. And all I know is that she hates me and she likes screaming.

"Just do what I say and you'll get it." Lisa offered some help. I nodded. The slow music started again.

"A 5, a 6, a 5, 6, 7, 8!!!!" Bex screamed.

"Inside - right foot, outside - left foo -"
I tripped on my own 2 feet.

"Woah!" I said and fall. I squeezed my eyes shut, expecting to land on my face, but instead I landed on Lisa's hard chest.

I groaned.

"Oh my God, Lisa are you all right???" Bex rushed to her side and try to help her up. I rolled my eyes.

Oh, of course she going to help her, first, because she is a royal prince I thought.

Well, you're going to be a royalist soon Ruby said.

Yeah, soon

I rolled my eyes and try to get up, but I realized that there was a pain in my leg.

"Ouch!" I whispered to myself.

Lisa looked over at me.

"Oh, I'm fine, let's just see what's wrong with Jennie." Lisa said and looked worried. Bex slowly got up.

"Oh, just a tiny bruise." She said, "It's really nothing -"

"Go get a pack of ice!" Lisa said.

"Are you ok?" Krystal asked. I nodded. I stood up leaning on one side.

"Sit here." Kai said patting a seat by his side.

I sighed and said, "That was a terrible lesson."

Kai grinned, "Not really."

I looked at him, "HEYY!!! ARE YOU TEASING ME????"

He grinned, "Yeah! Well, catch me if you can!"

"HEY!!! AGAIN, YOU'RE TEASING ME!!! Krystal go catch Kai for me and hit him." I said to Krystal.

Kai quickly ran out of the ballroom dancing hall with Krystal right behind.

"I don't blame him if he wants to tease your dancing." Lisa said smirking.

I frowned.

"NOW YOU'RE TEASING ME TOO????" I grabbed a pillow from the seat and threw it at her. She dodged it with a swift slide and grinned.

"Catch me, if you can." Lisa whispered in my ear. I flushed and grabbed another pillow to hit her.

Even though I was blushing, I have to admit it was fun, until Bex came in with an ice pack.

She almost threw the ice pack at me. I swear she hates me for no reason. She walked out the room without saying anything. I groaned.

"What's the matter?" Lisa asked.

"She hates me." I sighed.

"No, she doesn't." Lisa said.

"Yes, she does, look at the way she looks at me." I said, "I bet nobody likes me."

"That's not true!!" Lisa said and brought me in her arm. I blushed; I really like this feeling - her warmth near me.

I really wanted stay like this forever, but I ended up clearing my throat.