Chapter - 17: Her Realizations; His Care

"Swara please have one more spoon" Pari raised spoonful of chicken soup near Swara's mouth sitting on bed in front of Swara. Pari had earlier made soup for Swara and now feeding her. Swara was awake and sitting on the bed with the support of headboard.

"Kaki Ma, please bass" Swara said in low whisper.

Swara was waiting for Sanskar to come out from washroom. Pari had informed her about his arrival and her fever also have been reduced but she was feeling weakness in her body.

Washroom door opening sound, gained Swara's attention and there he was standing in royal blue t-shirt and white track pants looking at her in daze. Her shiny and glittering eyes which always mesmerised him have now dark circles showing that she had sleepless nights, her chubby cheeks which used to paint with cherry red colour when he used to flirt with her have become white and pale, her lips have been dried due to temperature, she was wearing baby pink colour sweater, within just four days it looked like she has lost her weight and charm.

Whereas Swara was looking at her husband in relief, 'he is back and standing in front of me.' Swara gave him small smile. Pari turned her gaze towards back after looking at Swara's smiling face. Pari smiled and kept the soup bowl on night table and said "Sanskar make sure she is finishing this soup." Pari got up from her sit and continued "Sanskar your coffee is there on the table, do you want me to send your lunch here in the room? I am going downstairs."

"No Kaki Ma, I had brunch on the flight" Sanskar said shifting his gaze from Swara to Pari.

"Ok, call me if you need anything." Pari said leaving their room giving them privacy.

Sanskar went behind Pari to close the door of the room and then came to sit in front of Swara, whose gaze was following his moves. He sat and raised his hand touch her forehead to check her temperature. Her fever has gone down. He took the soup bowl from night table and filled spoon with soup and raised in front of mouth.

"What have you done to yourself?" Sanskar said softly with tears in his eyes taking deep sigh.

Swara moved forward, sipped soup from spoon and gulped down and then said, "I was missing you." Swara took bowl from his hand and kept it on the table.

"Swara you have to finish it" Sanskar said when he saw her actions.

But he was awestruck when Swara lean on him and kept her head with closed eyes on his shoulder holding his hand in hers. Sanskar raised his other hand to rub her back and said in calm tone "I am back Swara, and I will never go anywhere alone. You will be beside me every time."

Sanskar broke the hug and sat beside her, he encircles his arm around her shoulder to take her in embrace. Swara kept her head on his chest feeling his heartbeat. Sanskar was caressing her arms in assurance about his presence around her. He kissed her hairs whereas she clutched his t-shirt in her fist, pulling him closer to her.

"I want to tell you something Sanskar" Swara said in weak voice after some time taking deep breath, still keeping her head on his chest.

"Swara I will listen to you full day but first finish this soup you need energy. Look at you. How much weak you are looking?" Sanskar said breaking the hug and moving her hair strand behind her ears.

"How was your trip?" Swara asked thinking, she should give him some time, he just came back and must be tired.

"As expected, we signed the deal." Sanskar said to her while taking soup bowl in his hands.

"Congratulations. Sanskar please no, I am full" Swara said making faces.

"Swara you know Kaki Ma; do you want me to get scold from her" Sanskar said with smile raising spoonful of soup.