Chapter - 28: Her Tears; His Menace Avatar

"Adi, did something happen in office?" Pari asked in whisper while proceeding towards study room. Earlier as instructed by Sanskar, she had asked Swara and Pihu to go to Nadini's house with the reason that Nandini needs their help for her son Neil's upcoming engagement. She had already informed Nandini about it sounding as they were planning some surprise for the girls.

"No, all is good" Adarsh replied her in casual tone typing something on the mobile.

They entered study where all other members of Maheshwari Family and Gadodia Family were present.

Pari asked Chanda to get fruit custard bowls for everyone that's the reason she gave all for urgent assembly.

"Pari, we should wait for our daughters." Ram said taking bowl.

"Ram bhai, actually Swara and Pihu went to Nandini Bhabhi's house where as Uttu went out with her friend for birthday party." Pari replied with fake smile. She was feeling suffocation with just the thought of what Sanskar want to do. She knew her nephew, he can bring the whirl round if he wants, and that's how he sounded on the call 20 minutes back.

"Bhai, we reached" Laksh said breaking Sanskar's trance. Over the journey Laksh observed his elder brother, he was all silent but there were silent tears in his eyes, with crisp on his forehead. Laksh shook his brother who was lost in his own thoughts. He nodded and got down from the car.

'What would have happened if Badi Ma and Mom would not have met Dida in Durga Ma temple?' this thought only unsettled him to the core. He does not even want to think about it, but this thought was not living his mind. 'His Kitten would have been suffering in the hell'. Sanskar shook his head closing his eyes to stabilize his mind.

Both Maheshwari brothers enter the house and saw Gopi Dadi so Sanskar went towards her and asked "Gopi Dadi, is Swara at home?"

"No beta she went to Nandini Bahu's home." Gopi Dadi replied for which Sanskar nodded his head.

"Does sun rose was from west today? My son is at home this early" Sujata said with big eyes and amused smile taking bite of sweet dish.

"Sanskar, come come. See we are having fruit custard. It's amazing" Adarsh praised his wife's efforts winking at her who was continuously looking at Sanskar.

"Sure Kaka" Sanskar looked at Pari in fake smile.

"Hello Shekhar Uncle and Masi, I am glad to meet you after a long time" Sanskar looked at them with devil smirk and narrowed eyes.

"Haan beta it's been long we have met. You must have met with Shekhar but after Ma it's the first time we are meeting right?" Sharmishtha said putting extra sweet smile on her face.

"Yes, absolutely correct Masi. We are meeting after Dida" Sanskar said sitting on the armchair and then continued "by the way that reminds me about your cousin, Shekhar Uncle. What was his name?" he sounded like trying his hard to remember him.

Ragini looked at him scrunching her eyebrows, why suddenly he is asking about him?

"Sa.... Sahil" Parvati fumbled with her words. She wanted to hide about Sahil's arrest which can cause major hurdle for her to put the alliance talks on the table.

"Yes, what happened to him? Where is he now a days?" Sanskar asked abruptly, taking all colours away from Shekhar and Sharmishtha's face where as Parvati gulped audibly.

Whereas Ragini looked at him stunned, 'how come he does not know about Sahil? He is the reason Kaka is in jail.'

"We.... We are not...not in much contact with him." Shekhar fumbled not meeting eyes with Sanskar's continuous gaze to cover up with the situation.