Chapter - 22: Her Worries; His Distance

"Sanskar, will you be able to come early today?" Swara asked him with hopeful eyes while folding his collar on tie strap.

"Not sure Swara, there are some meetings lined up since AGM is next week." Sanskar said looking at his right, typing something on his mobile extending his arm. His full concentration was on replying the email while getting ready to go for office.

"Hmm" Swara said with smile looking at him.

Swara went inside dressing room to get his suit and came back to see Sanskar was talking to someone on the phone. She helped him wearing his suit.

"Yes, I need those updates on the report." Sanskar said while extending his arms to wear his dark grey Burberry Suit.

"Mike get all those points crossed checked with legal team." Sanskar said in authoritative tone and left the room to join his family for breakfast.

Swara looked at his retiring figure from back, with teary eyes. 'What happened to you Sanskar?' thinking this Swara gulped and left a deep sigh. 'He is busy' fake smile appeared on her face.

It's been three days, and Swara could not spend any time with her loving husband, he was too much busy with his official work. Their routine was completely disturbed and today also he left their room without pecking her lips and confessing his love towards her like last three days. She was missing their morning bed romance, their little casual talk when she used to accompany him till gym in the morning were replaced with his business talks over phone, his intense gaze and flirting while getting ready for office were changed with his complete concentration on his mobile typing something. In fact, from last three days he used to come back from office quite late and even after coming late he used to be in study till midnight. Swara missed his warm embrace at night.

Swara was walking along with him, glancing at him every now and then who was completely occupied with the business talks over phone. She did not want to be crabby wife, who complains if husband does not give time and his attention. She did understand her husband over these months after their marriage that business run in his veins. He is true workaholic. 'It is just one of the phases which will pass by' thinking this Swara entered kitchen with small smile on her face.

"Swara can you please check if this chutany is good enough, I found something is missing." Pari said with scrunching her eyebrows after tasting spoonful of chutany.

"Kaki Ma, I think we should add some crushed mint leaves. What do you think?" Swara said after tasting the chutany.

"Yes, right let's add it. Chanda can you please wash and grind some handful of Pudina" Pari instructed Chanda.

Pari observed Swara, she was lost today like last two days, taking out piping hot Idli's from Idli making vessel with the help of spoon.

"Ahh" Swara flinched when her middle finger came in contact with hot plate containing Idlis.

"Swara careful." Pari held her hand and took her near washbasin. She held her hand under cold water to minimize the pain.

"It's fine Kaki Ma" Swara said shaking her head.

"I know Sanskar is busy, and he is not giving you enough time. Just talk to him. Sometimes these workaholic husbands need a shout out from their wives." Pari said with experience with smile on her face.

"It's ok Kaki Ma, he has some tension. I don't want to increase it. And this phase will pass away soon" Swara said with sigh.

"Hmm even Adi is also busy, March month is always like this due to AGM" Pari said shaking her head.

Post breakfast Swara went behind Sanskar to bid him bye. He was again busy with his phone typing something.

Swara stopped near the main door of Maheshwari House, Sanskar moved ahead in the reception area without realizing Swara is standing behind him waiting for him to turn and acknowledge her presence. Her eyes filled with tears and she pressed her lips on each other for controlling them. 'Is he leaving today forgetting to bid bye to me as well?'