The First Step to a New Life

(Before you read, be aware. This story is utterly terrible and unedited. Thank you.)

I step into the airport with my carry-on in hand. A few members of my family came by yesterday, and dropped off all of my other things.

Taking a deep breath in, I walk towards the front desk, with few people around.

After looking everywhere for where I need to go, I finally get to scan my bags, and soon onto the flight.

"After all these years," I think to myself, "I can't believe I'm moving to England."

"I'm nineteen years old, I can handle myself," I think.

Getting lost in thought, it's time to board the plane, seat 56.

A man in a uniform takes the flight passengers luggage to wherever it goes.

Another brings out the rest, I see mine, and relax, all of my things are safe.

A boring speech by the flight attendant is told, what to do if we crash, blah, blah.

The rest of the passengers get on, and a man who looks like he's in his twenties sits in seat 57. Right beside me.

He has dark straight hair, but it looks flattened. His dark eyes look at the attendant, when another boy, who looks a bit older, sits by him.

They look alike, aside from the older-looking one's eyes, nose, and skin tone.

I decided to pull out my MacBook, but I accidentally tap the dark eyed man.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I tell him, "It was an accident."

He laughs slightly, "It's no problem, I'm not bruised," he says in an accent, while it looks like he having a hard time being social.

-

I go on checking up Tumblr, my face red from trying not to laugh. I glance over and see it's been a while.

Putting my laptop away, the blue-eyed boy asks me a question, "I'm sorry about him," he says politely, "he sleeps like that a lot, but not usually on planes." He laughs, looking at the other man.

"Huh, they're both British," I assume.

I didn't realize it, but his legs were sprawled out, arms almost touching me. He lightly snores.

Letting out a soft giggle, I say, "Oh, it's no big deal, I have sisters back at home, who do the same thing."

I think about my little siblings, who I might not see for a while.

(A/N: sorry if you don't have siblings, I don't have any younger, it's just for the story. ~Kat)

"I'm Phil," he says, "mind if I ask where you're headed afterwards?"

"Oh, I'm (y/n), and I'm just moving, really, I can't afford to live here all the time, you know?" I tell Phil.

"Oh, sorry if that came too forward, but that's cool," he laughs.

"I'm sorry to cut the conversation short, but," I yawn, "I'm getting so tired, nice to meet you, Phil."

"Yeah, you too, (y/n)."

That's the last thing I remember before falling into a nice sleep.