Your Little Helpers

Dan and I made our way across the hall, unlocking the door to my plain apartment, filled with cardboard boxes.

"Where should we start?" Dan asks.

"I might need to ask that question myself," I say, chuckling at your own joke.

"How about your bedroom, go ahead and pick yours, there's three to choose from," Dan says, showing me all three.

"Hm.." I murmur. "This one," I say, pointing to the one in the far back, "So if someone breaks in, I don't have to worry about them until they get all the way back here."

The two of us laughed, as Dan said, "It's an opposite of the room I chose," and then moving the boxes labeled, 'BEDROOM,' into the white, empty room. Dan got the mattress and box spring, and sat it in the hallway.

My feet dug into the brown carpet as I sat down the many boxes in the hallway outside the bedroom.

The largest box, my bed pieces, is what I opened first.

Dan and I assembled the black bed frame together in less than 45 minutes, as well as putting in the two most important parts of it, the box spring and mattress.

I set up my black dresser, and decided to put clothes in later. Dan probably shouldn't see my underwear.

I finished decorating the room with geeky things and put books and pictures on the white shelves.

The two of us finished the one room after an hour, and started to work on the kitchen.

Once that was finished, there was a knock on the door. We two were so tired, but Dan got to the door before me.

It was Phil, and he was offering to help.

"Hey Phil!" I called from the colorful kitchen, going into the bland livingroom.

"Hey, (y/n)," he said, waving at me. "How many more rooms?" He asked.

"Well, I'm going to do the bathroom, so could you and Dan rebuild the rest of the couch and assemble the drawer and TV? I'll pay for that and internet later," I tell the two guys.

"Yeah," the said in unison.

Going into the bathroom with 5 boxes in hand and arms, I set up my hair products, makeup, and other things.

"Damn, I left my toothbrush back at the boys' place," I think.

Walking back through the hallway, I slow down.

I hear Dan and Phil talking.

"You what? She's only lived here for a day, Dan!" Phil whispered intensely.

"I couldn't help myself, I had the chance!" Dan whispered back.

"But, why?" Phil asked Dan, still low in tone.

"I just.. I really like her, even when I first saw her on the plane.." Dan replied quietly.

"Okay, whatev-- OW!" Phil said said soft to raising his voice in pain.

I finish walking down the hallway, but rushing. Phil had just smashed his finger with a hammer.

"Phil, are you okay?" Dan asked meaningfully.

"Yeah, that just hurts, like a lot," Phil said. "But I'll be fine, ow.."

"Do you need anything?" I say, brushing the hair out of my face from bending down.

~Dan's P.O.V.~

"Do you need anything?" (Y/N) said to Phil. She brushed her (h/l), (h/c) hair out of her face, bending down towards Phil.

When she did, her shirt fell loose near her chest, I tried so hard not to stare, and didn't.

"No, really, I'm fine," Phil told (y/n).

"Okay," she said. "You guys want to take a break, now?" She asked.

"Oh, god, yes!" Phil said, his hand in his pocket.

"Fuck yes!" I yelled, louder than expected.

"I have to transfer the rest of my money into English pounds, but let me treat you guys to lunch, it's 12:00," she said.

"I'm down," I said, thinking about how stupid I probably sounded.

"Yeah," Phil's stomach growled, "Apparently I'm not lying.." He said laughing.

We laughed, and finished the last of the desk and couch, and left to go into town.