New Neighbors

Dan! And Phil!

I look at them, carrying one of the last boxes, but that's when it happened.

SMACK.

The box fell on my stomach as I fell down the many stairs.

I slipped on my pant leg, and I just lay on the floor, sprawled out.

"Oh, my god! (Y/n), is that you? Are you okay?" Dan panicked down the stairs.

"Wha--? Get inside, oh my god!" Phil said opening the door frantically.

Whimpering and trying to catch my breath, I stepped into their apartment, right across from mine.

"Please, uh, explain?" The two boys looked confused.

After finally calming down, I explain, and then I told them, "Hey, guys. Sorry for the commotion. Okay, so yeah. I told Phil I was moving, and well, I guess by coincidence, we're neighbors!" I laughed lightly.

"Are you serious?" Dan said enthusiastically, yet still confused.

"Yeah," I said, looking at my phone. "Oh! I have to get home and unpack."

I turned around to go back, slightly opening the door.

Without warning, my stomach growled intensely.

"Dude, are you hungry?" Dan asked.

"No, it's fine," I lied, trying not to be a burden.

"(Y/n), seriously, let's go get something to eat, there's a little coffee shop right around the block," Dan offered, Phil getting up.

"Yeah, you two go, I have something to take care of," he said, "Bye!" He left.

I could have sworn I saw him wink at Dan.

Trying not to make it seem willingly, I went with Dan.

The café was nice, as it smelled of freshly ground coffee beans and whipped cream.

It was warm despite the autumn air.

"So, is this your first time being in London?" Dan asked me, trying to make conversation.

A lady asked for our orders, and Dan ordered for me, with my help of opinion.

"Yeah, actually, my first time being outside of my state." I tell him.

"Wow, that's quite a change."

As you're talking and bonding, a blonde girl, about fourteen, comes up to our table excitedly.

"Oh, my gosh! You're the boy from YouTube! Uh.. Dan! Dan Howell! Can I please get a picture with you!?" She pleaded him.

"Sorry, (y/n)," he smiled, "of course you can!"

The girl glared at me, but asked if I would take it.

"Sure!" I told her nicely.

She watched me intensely, making sure I was careful with her phone. It looked like an iPhone 5s.

Probably just a basic prep.

After it was finished, they hugged, and she left with her mother.

"I guess that's something I should ask, what was that?" I giggled, tossing my (h/l), (h/c) hair behind my shoulder.

"Oh?" He laughed, "I'm a YouTuber, I make videos on the internet, and.. Well.." He smiled, looking down at his drink.

"That sounds really cool," I told him, "I've seen a lot of YouTubers on Tumblr before, so I'm not completely ignorant," we laughed.

He shifted his head gently towards the window, looking into the fading sunset.

"It's getting dark, we should head back," Dan offered.

Cleaning up my little mess, I attempted to pay, but Dan insisted he did. I couldn't help it, my cheeks flushed red.

Dan and I were walking home, when a man on the street touched me with a burning cigarette, laughing.

"Fuck! That hurt you as--," but Dan cut me off and pulled me away quickly.

"Just don't." He grabbed my wrist worriedly looked me in the eyes. I blushed, mouth open in a shocked motion.

He moved his hand down to mine, standing there. Just looking at me. I grabbed back, smiling. I walked back with him, talking slowly.

I guess he wanted to make us look like a couple so I wouldn't be in any danger.

That's questionable, though.

We got to the apartments, and looked at him.

"Shit! I forgot to unpack. I'll just get my air mattress." I laughed, completely forgetting about my apartment, it still locked with my belongings indoors, keys jingling in my pocket.

"Don't worry, you can just come over and sleep on the couch, if you'd like." Dan offered, " I'll save you the trouble, and I'll help you unpack tomorrow."

"I mean, it would help, but please don't see me as a burden."

"Not at all!" We laughed, still holding hands. Dan pecked me on the cheek, going upstairs.

"The door's open, come over when you're ready." He told me.

"Thanks, Dan. I really appreciate it." I told him meaningfully, then I ruined it.

"Oh, and please don't murder me in my sleep," I giggled, and he laughed back, hard.