Explanations

I played it cool for the rest of the night, but I couldn't get him off my mind.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~

It was 2009. I was only 16.

My first [and who I thought would be my last (before Dan)] boyfriend , Rylee, was the best guy you could ask for.

Or so I thought.

Rylee and I loved going to the park and playing with our siblings, and our parents loved us together.

He had dazzling blue eyes, and dark quiffed hair.

He was fit, tan, and a scholar in school.

We had plans together.

And then he changed.

One summer, he spent it at his Dad's house.

He came back violent and arrogant.

He started doing drugs and became abusive.

But that wasn't the worst part.

One night, he got in a heated argument about me finding weed in his closet.

He bashed a beer bottle over my head, punched my, broke my (non-dominant hand) wrist.

I woke up to him unbuckling his belt.

His mom busted through his locked door, and had a police officer with him

He was only arrested for six months, before his mom gathered up the money to get him out.

He swore to me he'd changed, and wanted to get back together.

I told him no.

Bad decision.

He would follow me around and come to my house.

He would tell my little siblings on the bus to tell me to get in touch with him.

I don't know what all happened, but I woke up one morning in a hospital.

He had kidnapped me.

And raped me, while I was unconscious.

I completely lost sight of things.

My grades, my family, and my overall life.

I had severe anxiety and depression, and slight anger issues.

They'd mellowed out through the years, but I was still horrified of him, as I know he's alive today.

After what he's done to me, I'm scared of many things, such as being alone, being weak..

And sex.

I was scared whoever my lover was, they'd take advantage of me.

But I trusted Dan with my life, even though it's been such a short amount of time.

--end of flashback--

Phil yawned.

"I'm getting tired," he laughed, still looking at Elise.

Dan had his arm around me now, and his scent made me feel safe.

"Yeah, it's getting late," I said, in a small voice.

We walked back on our way home, and decided to stay at the boys' house, and Phil offered to let Elise come over as well.

Phil and Elise had gotten along really well, and if sister senses were real, she had a thing for him.

She was adorable with crushes.

We finally reached the guys' apartment, and talked about our basic open door policy.

Now, I guess you could say tonight was four geeks having a sleepover.

(Comment, Vote, & Follow! <3 ~Kat!)