Part 39

Mark's POV

I looked into Damien's eyes. I wasn't gonna hurt him... I'd find someone else. Or a stray or something. His response shakes me from my thoughts.

"Mark? Are you okay?" I looked at him and laughed. Yeah.. Hey, I.. Just saw you and wanted to say hi.. I'll catc- see you later..." He waved as I sprinted away. I ended up in a tree hugging my knees and crying. I don't want to hurt anyone.. My tears felt like acid. I cried until I had to take my contacts out. I put the case in my pocket and started towards the hotel. On the way I bumped into a young blonde girl. She seemed super drunk...
"Heyyyyy Handsome.. What are you doing out here so late at night?" I need to.. my fangs still hurt. They need to be satisfied. 

"Well pretty lady I was taking a walk to see you.. Maybe get a Bite to eat. " She looks at me and smiles seductively. I grab her hand and lead her to the woods. She follows submissively. When were far enough from the streets I look her in the eyes. 

"You seem like a lovely lady... really you do. Which is why I must apologise for this." Her eyes widen in fear. She's scared of me. My fangs have a mind of their own at this point. I slam my teeth into her neck. I taste her blood as it pours into my mouth. I drink until she goes limp. I gingerly pick her up and carry her to the nearby pond. I roll her in and head for the hotel. As I'm about to open the door I can hear voices in the room.

"Jack are you sure you'd be okay with it?"

"Of course!"

"Why would you want to be like that!?" 

"Because I love 'im. Tha's why." I slowly push open the door. I see looks of horror as they see the blood on my face.

"Sorry... Went out for a Bite to eat... a few squirelles..." Their shoulders seemed to relax. I rush to the bathroom and clean up. when I come back I see Jack with a blanket over his shoulders and Wade awkwardly patting his back.

"M.. Merk.. was it actually a squirrel?" I couldn't tell Jack... He'd Hate me.. and Wade would be mad that I broke his promise. I look at him and nod. 

"Of course. I would never hurt someone... again." Jack looks at me confused. After a minute his eyes widen with realization. He pulls his knees to his chest. He started to sob into Wade's shoulder. I slowly approached him.

"Jack... I only meant that I've hurt you before..." He pulled away from me, unsure. Wade gave me a glare. I looked to the door and start to leave.

"I'm sorry... I'll see you at home Jack... Is breá liom tú..." I had taught myself Irish to impress him.. now it seems pitiful. I could feel the hurt as I opened the door. Before it closed I heard his voice. Small compared to the rest of the silence.

"Grá leat buachaill ró-vampire.." The door closes. and I'm alone. I lean against the door and feel the tears start to fall. I hurt him. But.. he still loves me for some reason.. God I don't fucking deserve him...