Chapter 1: Resuming Time

March 16, 1989
2:45pm

The bell chimes signaling the end of another school day, urging the students from class 3-E to gather their things and leave. However, this bell serves another task, it's purpose is to also wake up Jotaro Kujo from his beauty sleep.

     Begrudgingly, the stoic teen uncrossed his arms and flicked his hat upwards to uncover his ocean like eyes. With a grunt he stretched and collected his things from his desk, putting it into his school bag.  As the teen stood up he saw a glance of cherry red hair among the sea of students filing out of the class and in the halls. His lips seemed to curl slightly at the sight.

Hurriedly he walked over to the boy in the green gakuran. The teen in the cherry earrings was flashing his teeth at the black haired boy.

"I see you fell asleep in class again, I thought I told you to pay attention," The cherry haired boy scolded.

"And I thought I told you to stop acting like my mom." Jotaro retorted.

"Well, just don't get upset when I say 'I told ya so!' when you fail this class." The smaller teen said 'matter of factly'.

"Whatever let's just leave alright, I don't want to be here any longer than I have to be." The dark haired boy grunted.

Noriaki Kakyoin was the red headed boy's name. To be more specific, he was one of the crusaders on the 50 day trip to Egypt to defeat a horny vampire. During this time Jotaro and Kakyoin grew close, which resulted in Kakyoin earning his first best friend. However after the fight with Dio, Kakyoin was severely injured and was immediately taken away by the SPW for a couple weeks to treat his wounds.

     It's been 2 months since then and Jotaro and Kakyoin have had to swing back into the daily life of a high school student while recovering. Lucky enough for them, Joseph was able to bribe the teachers to forget about their 3 month absence. However, that didn't change the fact they had missed a shit ton of school so they, as in Kakyoin, had to pay extra attention in class to catch up.

That brings us to the present time, Kakyoin and Jotaro have developed a habit of always walking home together which is what they are doing now. As they were exiting the school Jotaro was immediately swarmed by school girls. At this, Kakyoin let out a disappointed sigh, Jotaro didn't seem to notice this however, due to his patience wearing thin.

"JoJo, let me hold your hand!"

"No, I wanna hold JoJo's hand!"

"I asked him first!"

If this went on any longer the poor teen would probably have to restrain himself from using Star Platinum.

"Could all of you bitches just shut the hell up? You're so goddamn annoying!" He finally snapped. This only caused them to squeal, making it seem as though they had just been complimented instead of insulted. He sighed and couldn't help but wonder why he thought yelling would finally work this time.

After about 10 minutes of walking Jotaro and Kakyoin had the sidewalk to themselves. The red head decided this to be a good time to strike up a conversation.

"Have you heard about the school's main event for the year?" He inquired.

"No." Jotaro grunted.

"I'm surprised you don't know, I would think you would know something about it with all those girls following you around." Kakyoin said. Jotaro thought he heard a bit of malice in his tone but decided that he must've imagined it.

"Why do you say that?" Jotaro asked.

"Oh, I just thought you might've heard some gossip about it is all." He nonchalantly stated.

"Why would there be gossip?" The taller teen questioned.

"Well the theme for the event is the 'waltz' so it's a ballroom themed dance. It sounds pretty romantic, almost like a fairytale." The red head said proudly.

"Nori, I still don't understand why that means there would be gossip. " Jotaro said starting to get impatient.

"Well let me inform you then, a waltz is a dance you do with a partner, so it would make sense if the girls were talking about who they wanted to dance with." Kakyoin reluctantly stated.

Jotaro's face switched from stoic to slightly annoyed. The last thing he wanted was more letters asking about going to the dance on top of his confession letters. Kakyoin noticed the change in black haired teen's face, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and a deep scowl formed on his face.

"What's the sudden change in expression for, you look like you just ate a bad piece of sashimi." Kakyoin said chuckling slightly.

This caused blood to rush to Jotaro's cheeks, he quickly pulled down the front of his hat to mask his face. He didn't really know why he was blushing, he knew part of it was embarrassment from the comment but he didn't know what the other half was. In the end he decided to ignore it.

"All I'm going to say is sorry in advance." Jotaro mumbled.

"Huh? I didn't hear you." Kakyoin said.

"I said I'm sorry in advance." He repeated.

"Why are you apologizing?" The red head questioned with furrowed brows.

"Never mind." He sighed. The reason why he decided to apologize was because he knew what was going to happen next. Jotaro has a lot of fan girls which means he gets a lot of confession letters. So, ever since it became known that Noriaki Kakyoin is best friends with the Jotaro Kujo they started coming up with an easier way to give letters to Jotaro. This easier way, was giving the letters to Kakyoin so he could deliver them to Jotaro. After awhile he became the dedicated letter delivery boy (he's too nice to decline someone's request). So, because of this he is going to be receiving a lot more letters about needy girls wanting to dance with the most popular guy in school.

The rest of their walk was silent until they arrived at the Kakyoin residence. They both stopped in front of the gate.  Kakyoin looked up at Jotaro with a wide smile.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow Joot!" Kakyoin exclaimed.

"Good grief! I thought I told you not to call me that shitty name." The teen complained.

"Since when do I listen to you?" The red head asked.

"Whatever Nori~" Jotaro purred. This caused a tint of pink to dust Kakyoin's cheeks, as he stuttered out a reply.

"A-anyway, I should p-probably go inside n-now, see ya later Jotaro!" Kakyoin waved goodbye as he stepped inside his house. At the sight of the door closing Jotaro turned on his heels and headed for home.

"A ballroom dance as a school event huh, what dumbass came up with that shitty idea." The black haired teen muttered to himself as he started his journey home.

•~*~•

1145 words
(Unedited)

This is the end of chapter one! Sorry that not much really happened this was meant to be more of an intro chapter to explain the current situation. The future chapters will have less filler. Don't expect a whole lot of Jotakak immediately I want to take it slow, but I will put in fluff parts like this in the next chapter. Anyways I will have the next chapter next Sunday (possibly earlier).

~ Author-chan