Chapter 20: Thoughts

March 24, 1989
Kujo Residence

To say I had a rough night is an understatement. I tossed and turned all night, switching between excitement, anger, and grief. I didn't even have enough energy to shower or shave. I look like a raccoon, my hair is a complete mess, and my face itches because of the stubble I failed to shave off.

At the moment I'm fighting the urge to face plant onto the dining table and fall asleep. Although it looks like I'm not the only half dead person at the table. The old man has been sulking in his chair across from me ever since he practically dragged himself into the room, if he sunk any lower onto it he would be completely under the table. I'm still pissed off about the bet, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed by it as I was before.

I heard a plate make contact with the surface of the table in front of me. I looked up from my slumped over position. At the sight of a steaming plate of food I instantly felt rejuvenated. Nothing heals better than mom's cooking. I heard the sound of another plate being placed down across from me.

"Eat up you two! You look like you need it." Holly laughed.

"Thank you." The old man mumbled. I said nothing too focused on eating. I shoved a mouthful of rice and fish into my mouth. Over the sound of my own chewing I hear a chair slide and another plate hit the table.

"So Jotaro, the moms in the neighbourhood committee told me about your school event. It's only four days away." Holly mentioned before taking a bite from her own food. I listened halfheartedly showing more interest in my food. Once she finished chewing she continued talking. "They talked about who you might be going to the dance with since you're such an attractive young man, just like your father." She chuckled.

     She let out a long sigh, "Some of the moms who have daughters that attend the school mentioned how much they want to attend the dance with you."

     My teeth clenched at her words, "It's none of their damn business." I snarled, irritated.

"Aww, there's no need to be shy Jotaro! There must be a girl you're interested in!" She cooed. I felt my eyebrow start twitching.

"Shut the hell up you annoying bitch!" I snapped, getting sick from the conversation.

"Okay~" she sang, going back to her food.

"You shouldn't talk to your mother that way." I heard a low mumble from the seat across from me.

"Oh it's fine, I was being too pushy anyways." Holly explained. Suddenly a loud gasp sounded throughout the room. "Papa why aren't you eating your food!" She exclaimed.

     The old man groaned, "I'm not in the mood." My eyes followed my Mom as she picked up some food with the old man's fork.

"Alright Papa, say aah~" She said, lifting the fork up to his mouth .

"I don't wanna." The old man pouted, moving his face to the side avoiding the fork.

"If you don't say aah I'll have no choice but to call Mama." She threatened. The old squirmed for a little bit before letting out a sigh.

"Aah~" The old man opened his mouth, clearly giving up. I watched his face brighten up as soon as he started eating. My face scrunched up, I can't watch this anymore. I got up from my chair and put my dish in the sink.

"I'm heading to school now." I stated, picking up my school bag.

"Alright! Take care Jotaro!" Holly shouted, whilst feeding the old man another forkful of food. As soon as I stepped foot out of the room I started panicking. How the hell am I supposed to tell my mom that I'm asking a guy to the dance, or the fact that I'm in love with him.