Chapter 12: Problems

March 20, 1989
7:10am

Beep

Beep

Beep

Be-

     I slammed my hand down on my alarm to shut it off. I slowly moved the covers off my body and sluggishly swung my legs over the side of the bed. The second I stood up it was pure hell. My legs, and feet were aching like a bitch! I can't say I'm surprised however, Kakyoin's really got me working my ass off. After he left yesterday I relaxed until dinner was ready, but when I returned to my room I went into soldier mode. I practiced, and practiced, and practiced, until Star and I couldn't feel our legs, or our feet. Sure I didn't have to go that far, but there's something that's so intimidating about Kakyoin when he's teaching me. I know I've beat the shit out of him before, I even killed an 'immortal' vampire with a stand, but I just get this feeling whenever he yells.

     I walked into my bathroom with a towel and turned on the shower. I started stripping off my boxers as steam filled the tile room. I patiently stood next to the pouring water while sticking my hand underneath it waiting for the water to heat up. I wonder what Kakyoin has planned for today. I stepped underneath the now warm water and let the water cascade down my body. I'm meeting him at lunch again for our lesson, maybe he'll have me redo those steps even though I practiced them for hours on end yesterday. I sat down on a stool and grabbed the shampoo and conditioner that was on the ground. I poured a generous amount of each respectively on my hands and scrubbed it into my scalp. If he does intend on making me redo the steps I'll just show him how much I've improved and he'll have no choice but to teach me something new. I rinsed the products out of my hair and proceeded to scrub myself with soap. After thoroughly cleaning myself I rinsed off one last time, then turned the shower head off. I got up and grabbed my towel. I dried myself off and then my hair, I then tied the towel around my waist.

     I made my way out of the bathroom and to my dresser. I picked out a dark green pair of boxers, my black school pants, and my green tank top. I slowly started putting on each article of clothing. If he does end up teaching me something new what would it be? Is he gonna teach me more things technique wise on how to improve my steps, or is he just going to move on with the dance? After I finished getting dressed I grabbed my jacket that was hanging in my closet and slipped it on. I made my way to my nightstand and grabbed my hat from it dusting it off before I set it on my head. I grabbed my school bag from the corner of the room slipping my marine biology magazine from yesterday inside. I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen. There I found the old man sitting at the dining table reading a newspaper while enjoying a cup of coffee along with what looked like a plate consisting of bacon, eggs, and toast. My mom looked up at me from what looked like another plate of food.

"Good morning Jotaro! I just finished making your breakfast since you and your grandfather like different things, come and eat!" She gave me a large smile as she picked up the plate and set it on the table across from the old man. I took a seat and dug into the miso, fish, and rice she had prepared. I saw a small smile grace her features from the corner of my eyes as she watched me eat before she walked off.

"How can you eat that in the morning? If I couldn't have my coffee, eggs, bacon, and toast every morning I would die!" The old man remarked now looking away from his newspaper to give my plate a glare.

"Damn, if I knew you would die I would've thrown out the ingredients to what you call a breakfast a long time ago." I retorted.

"Whaaaat? You would wish death upon your poor grandfather?" The old man's eyes went wide and he was clutching his chest.