Chapter 26: Notes

8:06am

     After my discussion with the old man over breakfast about our adventures from the night before, my walk to Kakyoin's house was a nice break from my chaotic morning. Of course, the calming atmosphere I had created on the way there was promptly shattered when Kakyoin picked up on my hungover state. He started off by scolding me but then quickly took to teasing me about the whole situation.

     We are on the path towards school like any other day.

"What's the plan for the lesson today?" I asked, hoping to get Kakyoin to focus on something other than reminding me of my stupid decisions with the old man.

He hummed in thought for a moment, "I didn't know you were so interested in dancing now."

"I'm asking, because I want to know how sore my body will likely be based on what you have planned," I snapped back.

"Well if you must know, we are continuing yesterday's steps," Kakyoin said reluctantly. I winced at his words. I'm definitely going to be more sore today. "Enough dance talk, we'll talk about it when it's actually lesson time. I noticed that your stubble was gone." The statement took me by surprise.

"It makes my face itchy, so I don't see a point in keeping it." I responded gruffly. "How about you? Have you even grown facial hair before?"

"N-no, I haven't grown it before. If I did I would most likely shave it off as well," he answered, more than a little flustered.

"Good choice, I don't think I would be able to look at you with facial hair without wanting to use Star Platinum to take it off," I remarked, feigning disgust. This earned me a sharp jab to my side. I took a sharp intake of breath narrowly avoiding biting through my tongue.

"Shut up, Jotaro," Kakyoin hissed. I let out a pained laugh.

**Time skip brought to you by decimated stubble**

     Once again, I'm sitting in my English class. It's not my least favourite class, but it's not my favourite either. Most of the stuff in this class is middle school level class work. It's a joke. We aren't even assigned full books to read. It's an easy class, which is why I don't hate it. 

     So naturally, I'm using this time to think about my lunch. Which in the long run is probably a stupid idea, since my thoughts these days seem to end up being a rollercoaster that's always going down. Fuck it.

     I wonder what Kakyoin's Mom made him for lunch today, he cooking is starting to grow on me a bit more. It's not the same as my Mom's cooking, but it's close. That reminds me, Kakyoin. I'm happy our relationship has gone back to normal. I could feel the corners of my mouth tilt up slightly. Even if it is temporary, I'll take what I can get before my inevitable confession.

"Kujo. I've noticed that you're smiling. I'm happy that you're so enthusiastic about my class," the teacher spoke up, he continued before I could make sense of the situation, "Since you're so happy to be in this class, I take it that you'll be glad to read out loud for the class."

I begrudgingly stood up with my textbook, of course, only after I directed a half hearted glare at my teacher. I began reading not bothering to change my voice from anything other than monotone the whole way through.

"Thank you for reading, you may now sit down Kujo," the teacher announced. At least I didn't have to read a lot. I did as I was told, and leaned back in my chair.