Chapter 21: True Preparation

9:50am
Roppongi High School

     P.E is a life saver. I didn't have any troubling thoughts through that entire period since all of my focus went into the basketball game. The only thing I needed to think about was me and the other team. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, I'm currently walking to my next class which is English.

I turned the corner and my eyes immediately caught the sight of red hair at the end of the hallway amongst the see of students. Kakyoin, and he's walking in my direction as well. He seemed to have noticed someone staring at him, because he looked up. Our eyes met instantly. Kakyoin looked down just as fast as I averted my own eyes.

As I kept walking I let my eyes wander back over to him. I watched as we got closer, and closer, and closer. Until he walked completely past me, his head still fixated on the ground. I heaved a deep sigh and continued walking down the hallway. I walked up the stairs to the second floor then into my English class.

I sat down at my seat in the back of class next to the window. I set my school bag down and proceeded to lean back in my chair. I caught a group of girls approaching me from the corner of my eye. I immediately pulled my hat down to cover my face and slumped further into my chair. The girls surrounded my desk.

"Hey JoJo, I have something for you." A brunette girl said, holding out a pink letter. However, her hand was slapped to the side in a matter of seconds.

"JoJo doesn't want your stupid letter! Here JoJo, take mine instead." The girl who slapped the others hand said, holding out her own letter. The letter was ripped out of the girl's hand and torn in half by a ponytailed girl. The girl who's letter just got torn let out a cry of anguish. "You bitch! That was meant for JoJo!" She yelled.

"Like he would ever want to read something from such an ugly girl." The ponytailed girl spat. Soon after I saw another letter being held out to me. History repeated itself. Another girl stopped the letter from getting to me and they all began fighting over who got to give me a letter.

     I stayed quiet. All of their efforts are futile, I already have someone that I'm interested in and want to ask to the dance. I'm not going to tell them that in fear of what their reactions might be. The last thing I want is for every girl in the school to think I'm interested in them.

     The teacher walked in at the end of our in between class break and told the group of girls to sit at their respective desks. I breathed out a sigh of relief. I'm for once thankful that the teacher is here. Suddenly, my mind drifted to the fact that I'm asking Kakyoin to the dance.

     The teacher's voice cut through my thoughts as he spoke at the front of the class. "Everyone, please get out your English textbooks." I grabbed my textbook from my bag and set it on my desk. I should just focus on class instead of my plan for lunch. After all, ignorance is bliss. "Open your books and turn to page 210, Mayumi I'd like you to read the page out loud as well please." Our teacher instructed.

     Once everyone in the room had found the page the teacher told her to start reading.

"Yes sir, introduction to the four English sentence types. Simple compound, compound, complex, and compound-complex..." Mayumi started reading, but I zoned out almost instantly. I have more important things to thing about like how on earth I'm supposed to as Kakyoin to the dance. More importantly when I'm going to ask him.

     I told myself this morning that I was going to ask Kakyoin at lunch and I intend to keep it that way. If I do this now instead of later the chances of Kakyoin going to the dance with someone else are slim to none. So I have to be quick about it. Should I ask Kakyoin before or after our lunch lesson?

"Jotaro." The teacher called my name.

"What?" I deadpanned, annoyed that my thoughts had been interrupted for the second time today.

"Wear your hat the correct way and sit properly, your posture is deplorable." The teacher scolded.

"I'll wear my hat and sit the way I want." I said through gritted teeth. Dipshit.

"Hmph, alright then. However, I do need you to answer this question." The teacher replied pointing to the blackboard. I stayed silent. "What are the four English sentence types?" The teacher read the written question out loud.

"Simple compound, compound, complex, compound-complex." I answered, without any hint of hesitation to my voice.

"That is, correct." The teacher sighed then wrote the answer on the board.

"Woah JoJo is handsome and smart." A girl whispered.

"JoJo's so smart!" Another whispered. To be honest, if I hadn't listened to that girl read the first little bit of the page before zoning out I would've never gotten that correct. I don't know what the hell any of those things are. What the fuck is a compound-complex sentence? It definitely sounds complex that's for damn sure.

     The teacher probably won't bother me for a little bit or maybe even the rest of the class. I'll take the time to come up with a solid plan on how I'm going to go about asking Kakyoin to the dance. I can try asking Kakyoin while we are eating lunch. What if Kakyoin rejects me, I didn't think about that.

     On second thought, asking him while we are eating probably isn't the best idea. If he does end up rejecting me, that would make our lesson extremely awkward and probably unbearable. I can't ask him in the middle of the lesson. Maybe I should just ask him at our after school lesson. No, that leaves time for someone else to ask Kakyoin to the dance between lunch and the end of the day.

     I really only have one option left. I'll have to ask Kakyoin right before lunch ends. At least that way I have the rest of the school day to collect myself. Especially if he ends up rejecting me. I'll need the time to make up a front for our next lesson so I don't break down at the sight of him.

     The bell rang signalling that class was over and that lunch was starting. The teacher assigned us homework and dismissed us. I stuffed my textbook back into my book bag and briskly left the classroom. I walked back down the hallway and up the stairs to the roof. My excitement to ask Kakyoin to the dance seemed to grow with each step I took.

     When I reached the doors my body came to a swift halt. After this lunch there's no going back. I took a few deep breathes. I suddenly felt something tap my shoulder. I turned around thinking it was Kakyoin but I was surprised to see Star Platinum. I opened my mouth to say something but the only thing that came out of it was a choked noise.

     Star had enveloped me in a bear hug. I was shocked at first, but I slowly wrapped my arms back around him. Reassuring yourself is much easier when it is an embodied spirit. We pulled away from each other and Star gave me a thumbs up before disappearing. I turned back towards the door.

"Let's fucking do this." I said before pushing the doors open.

.~*~.

1467 words

(Unedited)

Hello once again my children! So here's a little info from me to you. If some of you are wondering how I got the name of Jotaro's school the answer is I didn't, but I didn't make it up either. I decided to search up where his school would be in real life. So, after extensive searching online and on google maps I found Roppongi High School which is located in Tokyo, Japan (where Jotaro lives). The reason I chose this specific school is because it's located in almost the exact same place as Jotaro's school. In the manga you can see Tokyo tower behind his school a bit farther back, I just found a school that was about the same distance away and in the same direction too. The two schools look very similar funny enough. So yeah, I used the name of the real life school for Jotaro's school. Anyways that's my little fun fact of the day for you guys. So until next time!

~Author-chan