Chapter 23: Eyes are the Window to the Soul

3:52pm
Kujo Residence

"Alright Jotaro pay attention, I'm introducing the new move." Kakyoin said firmly, grabbing my attention. I gave him a short nod in return, then assumed my regular position next to the record player. Kakyoin and I exchanged nods silently queuing me to start the record player, and that's what I did. I watched Kakyoin as he and Hierophant Green started up.

     I was paying attention, at first I didn't really notice anything different until I noticed their bodies were swaying more than before. I continued to watch closely until the two of them came to a halt.

"You're up Jotaro." Kakyoin said, waving his hand in a dismissing motion in the air. We switched positions at a fast pace. Everything about this lesson seems a bit more fast paced then usual. I don't know what it is but Kakyoin almost seems less patient. Well, that doesn't matter. All that matters right now is practicing this move.

     The music reached my ears and Star and I quickly started moving, not wanting to spend more time on this than we had to. However, this proved to be an unfortunate decision. I have no idea what I'm doing. I thought I was paying attention but the second we actually started moving I realized how lost I was.

     I only have one option in this situation. Pretend like I know what I'm doing. It worked against D'arby so it can work in this situation right?

I started dancing with Star Platinum doing the exact same steps as before, I then attempted something I really shouldn't have. I tried doing a turn in the opposite direction from what we have been previously doing, thinking it would end up looking like Kakyoin's. Oh how wrong I was.

That one change ended up throwing our entire balance off, which resulted in us helplessly clutching each other as we made friends with the floor. I saw Kakyoin's face contort into a worried look before fading away just as quick the moment I stood back up.

I got back into position and did the one thing I should never do while dancing. Experimentation. I was going to figure out this new step without having to ask. I attempted turning in the opposite direction one more time only to ultimately give up once I felt a bruise forming on my side.

We tried doing wider turns, smaller turns, turn no turn then turn again. None of them were even close. I can't spend anymore time trying to figure this out. At this point I'm just wasting our time. I stopped dancing and took a deep breathe.

"Kakyoin, what's the difference between what we just learned and this new move?" I asked in defeat, my eyes never leaving the ground below my feet. I heard a loud sigh. If it wasn't thanks to me hearing Kakyoin sigh multiple times from being tired of Polnareff on our trip, I wouldn't have been able to pick up the little bit of amusement that came through the sigh. The rest was irritation and tiredness, but there was definitely some amusement in there.

"I was hoping you would've been able to follow my moves with Star Platinum, but it looks like it was wrong of me to assume." Kakyoin said half heartedly. I moved out of Kakyoin's way as he stood in my previous spot. "I'll explain the step to you and then demonstrate."

He immediately started moving with Hierophant. Kakyoin stepped forward on his right foot while Hierophant stepped backward on his left foot, "This is the first step, it's the same as before so nothing new here." Kakyoin started. He then took a turn to the left, his left foot aligned with the right foot. Hierophant turned with Kakyoin, aligning his right foot with his left. "This is the second step, I took a quarter turn to my left placing my left foot parallel while Hierophant did the same with the opposite feet."