Chapter 19: Love Hotline

I slowly dialled Avdol and Polnareff's number for their home in France. I put the phone at my ear and waited patiently.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

Ri-

     A voice cut off the ring back tone, "Hello?" I immediately recognized the voice to be Avdol's. I gulped and stayed quiet, I was hoping no one would pick up. I felt a hand slap my back.

"Talk dammit!" The old man shouted clearly impatient.

"Hi." I responded flatly. I heard a slight gasp on the other end of the phone.

"Jotaro? I'm surprised you called!" Avdol said excited.

"Who called Avdol?" I heard someone ask in the background. Their voice was much quieter than Avdol's so I couldn't tell who it was that might've spoken.

"It's Jotaro." Avdol answered, holding back his excitement.

"Mon dieu!" The person cried out. Polnareff, I should've guessed. I heard a commotion on the other line, it sounded like stomping and then...struggling?

"Jean give me the phone back!" Avdol exclaimed, it was soon followed by a grunt.

"Jotaro you son of a bitch! Why haven't you been calling us, at the end of our journey I told you to call me! Is our friendship not important enough to you? You said you could never forget about us even if you wanted to so why the fuck haven't you called! I've tried calling you but you never answer!" Polnareff started ranting in French from that point on.

     Good grief, this yelling is the reason why I haven't called this crazy French man in the first place. Although calling to talk with Avdol would be good once in awhile. My attention went back to the phone when I heard Polnareff start speaking English again.

"I'm fine putting that all behind me however, I'm just really glad that you called. Wait, why are you calling anyway?" Polnareff's voice changed from grateful to sceptical in a matter of seconds. I paused at the question. Why did I call in the first place? I turned and looked at the old man who was standing next to me listening in on the conversation. I covered the phone's speaker with my hand.

"Say it's about Kakyoin." The old man whispered. I nodded my head slightly and took my head off the speaker so I could talk into it again.

"It's about Kakyoin." I deadpanned. The line went quiet for a little bit until I heard Polnareff's voice again.

"So your dense ass finally realized your feelings for Kakyoin." Polnareff said, sounding extremely pleased. Feelings, what does he mean by feelings?

"What the hell are you talking about? Quit spouting bullshit." I snapped. What's with everyone saying things I can't understand? It's starting to get on my nerves.

"Jotaro, Jotaro, Jotaro, there's really no use in hiding it. I'm in a relationship with Avdol aren't I? I wouldn't judge you." Polnareff reassured.

"I still don't get it, what exactly am I hiding?" I grumbled through clenched teeth.

"You're really going to make me do this huh, allow me to explain." I listened to Polnareff take a deep breath in. "Well the first time I  noticed it was when Kakyoin had suggested that you and him share a room in Singapore. I noticed that you had put your hand down and said nothing, which meant you were in deep thought. I had come up with the idea that you were struggling to share a room with him because of arising feelings, but it was too early to really come to a conclusion."