Chapter 14: Forgetful Mornings

March 21, 1989
Kujo Residence

My eyes drifted open only to shut immediately due to the harsh sunlight that made its way into my room. I turned onto my side facing away from the sun and tried to fall back asleep. I kept repositioning myself trying to fall asleep until I finally gave up. I opened my eyes again and looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand. It read 11:02am. It's finally the weekend, I get a break!

I threw the covers off my body and got up with a little more energy than usual, thanks to the fact that I got to sleep in. I made my way to the bathroom to shower. Once I finished with that, I went over to my dresser whilst drying my hair. I picked out a pair of black jeans, an off-white T-shirt, and black boxers. I slipped on the boxers, then my pants, then I tucked in the T-shirt and rolled the sleeves up so they where just at my shoulder tops.

I left my room and went straight to the kitchen, my stomach has been grumbling since I woke up. Once I made it to the kitchen I took a seat at the kitchen table and slumped down in it stretching my legs.

"Good morning sleepy head!" Holly sang from the countertop where she seemed busy.

"Mm." I grunted in acknowledgement. We went into a comfortable silence after the exchange. It was comfortable until I watched the old man stride into the room.

"Hello Papa!" Holly greeted.

"Hello Holly!" The old man yelled back a large smile on his face. The old man then went to sit down and that's when he seemed to notice my presence.

"Woah Jotaro! I thought you might never wake up!" The old man shouted as he sat down at the table. Good grief.

"Oh, Papa, Jotaro, lunch will be ready soon so sit tight!" Holly announced turning around to look at us.

"Alright!" The old man responded flashing her a thumbs up. I just nodded my head. The three of us fell into silence, this time not a comfortable one. The only sounds to fill the room were my mom's humming, and the sizzling sounds coming from whatever she was cooking. I glanced up slightly and watched as the old man awkwardly fidgeted with his thumbs.

"So, Jotaro," The old man started. "How have your lessons with Kakyoin been?"

"Why do you care?" I asked annoyed.

"Well, when I saw Kakyoin yesterday when he came to the house, he looked super pissed off. So, I was just curious." The old man stated honestly.

"Thanks for your concern, but they've been fine." I glared daggers at him my eyebrow twitching slightly. Who does this old geezer think he is?

"Do you guys have a lesson today, since it's Saturday I can imagine you would have more time to practice." He rubbed his beard to insinuate that he was in deep thought.

"No we-" I stopped myself mid sentence, shit. "Yes, we do." How did I forget that we had a lesson today!

"That's great! What time is he coming at?" He asked with excitement.

"1:00pm, I think." I mumbled the last part out but the old man didn't seem to notice.

"Oh, that's so soon! I'll make some extra food so that when Kakyoin comes we can all eat together!" Holly interrupted.

"That's a magnificent idea!" The old man piped up. My mom clapped her hands together and got right back to cooking.

"Gimme a break." I sighed.

***Time skip brought to you by Jotaro's deteriorating memory***

"Sorry for the intrusion!" We heard a voice from the front door. Kakyoin.