Chapter 4: Can't Catch A Break

"Okay~ wait I have something important to give!"

"What is it woman? We're going to be late." I sighed. I watched as she came running around the corner to the front entrance.

"Here is your goodbye kiss!" She jumped up on her tiptoes to reach my face, whilst leaning against me for balance. After struggling to reach my face, I put my school bag down and leant down a little so she could access my cheek. Squealing, she pecked me on the cheek, "Oh Jotaro, you're still my little boy!"

"Good grief, Nori let's go." I pull my hat down as I lean over to pick up my school bag again. Once I stand up again, I swiftly turn and walk out of the front gate.

"Hey wait for me Jotaro!" The sound of shoes hitting the stone path behind me got louder and louder until they slowed down to match my pace. As we are walking I start to hear peculiar sound next to me, it sounded like a mischievous kid who just got caught stealing candy. Was Kakyoin giggling? I look at him from the corner of my eye, his head is facing the ground but his shoulders are shaking.

"What's so funny?" I grumble. Kakyoin's head shoots up to look at my face.

"I just didn't know you were such a mama's boy Joot," he broke off into a fit of giggles at the end of his sentence.

"Shut up, I'm not the one who said they wanted to date her." I retorted. At this Kakyoin's eyes widened and a blush spread across his cheeks. Quickly, he turned his head away.

"S-shut it! I thought we agreed we wouldn't talk about that!" He sputtered helplessly, poor guy. I almost feel bad, key word being almost. I smirk triumphantly, unfortunately my moment of victory quickly fades when I hear a group of girls squealing. Without warning I felt something wrap around my arm, I look down and see a girl looking up at me with hearts in her eyes.

"Good morning JoJo!" She smiled. Another girl came except this time they forcefully pushed their chest onto me while holding my arm. The other girl glared daggers at her, but she just smirked and looked up at me.

"Hey JoJo I didn't know you took this way to school." Yeah, cause I totally don't see you in that damn crowd of girls every fucking day.

"Good fucking grief can I just walk to school in peace?" I mutter. I look towards Kakyoin pleading with my eyes for him to help me out, at this Kakyoin rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. This caused the two girls to snap their heads in his direction.

"I wish I got as much recognition as Jotaro," he huffed, "I shouldn't complain though, I should want what's best for my old pal right?" He sighed. The crowd of girls went crazy at the sight of the honour student Noriaki Kakyoin pouting for attention. Immediately the group of girls flocked around him.

"Oh Kakyoin-san we didn't mean to make you upset!" One yelled.

"Yeah! We didn't know you were sad!" Another shouted.

"Please forgive us!" They pleaded.

Kakyoin faked a look of shock and started responding to them with 'thank you's', but before they noticed he turned towards me with a smirk and mouthed the words 'you're welcome'. Then he quickly went back to shooting smiles to the girls. The rest of the walk to school was like that, until we finally reached the lockers. The group of girls started to disperse as they went to their respective lockers, coincidentally Kakyoin's was next to mine. "Wow Nori, I didn't know you were jealous of how much attention I get." I deadpanned. Kakyoin let out a hearty laugh in response.

"You wish Joot, if anything I pity you." All of a sudden his face grew tired, "You have to deal with that everyday? Just doing it once was tiring enough."