Chapter 8: Challenge Accepted

"Hey Jotaro?" Kakyoin called. I turned around to look at his face letting out a small grunt in response, "Mr. Joestar is at your house now correct?" He questioned.

"Yeah, what about him?" I quirked my eyebrow at the sudden mention of the old man's name.

"Well I was wondering if I could go to your house to see him." He looked down at the ground and continued, "I mean, the last time I saw him was before the fight with, you know who, but I heard he constantly called the SPW foundation for updates on my health when I was in the hospital. So, I guess I want to see him to say thanks."

"Sure." I deadpanned moving my hat down to cover my eyes. Kakyoin whipped his head to look at me surprised by the simple answer.

"That was a pretty normal answer." He squinted his eyes at me trying to see my face better.

"I mean, why shouldn't I answer normally?" I huffed staring straight ahead.

"I...guess." Kakyoin gave up and decided to look straight as well. If I'm being honest, I feel sick. All of this is our fault, why should he be thanking the old man for asking how he was in the hospital even though he's one of the reasons he was injured in the first place? On top of that Kakyoin can't even mention the name DIO anymore. He's been so severely traumatized that just saying the name of that douchebag will probably send him into a panic attack! We are the ones who caused this to happen, I should've been the one to get injured this is all my fau- "Jotaro!" Kakyoin vigorously was waving a hand in front of my face. "Jotaro are you ok? All of a sudden you started breathing heavily." His face was littered with concern. Quickly I snapped myself out of my thoughts.

"Oh sorry, I just felt a little hot is all." I tried to keep my voice steady but it came out a little more panicked than I had hoped.

"Pfft- hot? Am I talking to the same guy who wore his black gakuran in the desert?" Kakyoin joked nudging my shoulder as we continued walking.

"Whatever." I sighed. Suddenly I recognized my surroundings and came to a halt, "Oh hey, we're here."

"It would seem so, well let's go inside I'm excited to see Mr. Joestar and of course Ms. Holly." Kakyoin happily walked down the stone path up to the front door knocking on it before sliding it open. I followed closely behind, and shut the door upon entering. "Sorry for intruding." Kakyoin called out as he put his bag down to remove his shoes.

After removing our shoes we both made our way to the living room, only to find the old man slumped on the couch caught up in some tape he was watching on TV. The shitty old man didn't even hear us come in, I'll have to get his attention. I went into my schoolbag and pulled out an eraser, perfect. Kakyoin watched me in confusion as I raised my right arm and aimed the eraser at the old man's head. I slowly reeled my arm back then threw the eraser with mild force. It ended up hitting him in the shoulder instead, who said I had to have the same precision as Star Platinum just cause he's my stand? The old man howled and clutched his shoulder.

"OH NOOOO! IT'S AN ENEMY STAND!" He hollered writhing in 'pain' on the ground. Kakyoin was sputtering next to me covering his mouth, trying and failing to conceal his laughter. I started to make my way towards the old man picking up the eraser from the couch, and stood over him. The old man opened his eyes and looked up at me holding the eraser. His face went from normal to beet red in seconds. He cleared his throat loudly, "I had you fooled didn't I, I was just practicing another Joestar technique." I let out a huff of amusement.

"Sure thing, anyways I have someone here who wanted to see you." I pointed at Kakyoin behind me. The old man's face immediately brightened up, he looked ecstatic.

"H-hello Mr. Joestar long time no se-" Kakyoin waves shyly but was cut off by the old man as he was engulfed in a bear hug like the one I had received previously.

"Kakyoin, I'm so glad that you're ok!" The old man cried into Kakyoin's shoulder his words slightly muffled.

"M-Mr. Joestar! A-are you crying?" Kakyoin shouted exasperated as he wrapped his arms around the old man soothingly rubbing his back.

"You have no idea how worried I've been! The last time I saw you was before the fight and then, and then-" The old man was cut off by choking on his own tears as his words became incoherent.

"It's ok Mr. Joestar, I'm here aren't I? That means I'm fine, and I don't plan on going anywhere." Kakyoin reasssured. The old man reeled back loosening his death grip. The red head flashed him the biggest most genuine smile I've ever seen, it's adorable. My eyes widen at what I just thought, I hope I didn't say that out loud. Screw that, why the fuck did I think that in the first place? My mind must be a little more vulnerable because of the situation, yeah that's probably it. As I reconnect with reality I now notice that the old man has stopped crying, and he's now talking with Kakyoin at a normal distance. All of a sudden the old man starts to burst out laughing. "What's so funny Mr. Joestar?"

"What happened?" I asked making my way over to them.

"I don't know, I just said that I was going to be teaching you how to do the waltz and he ended up like...this." Kakyoin started, clearly confused.

"Hey old man! Mind telling me what's so funny about Kakyoin teaching me the waltz?" I made sure that there was a slight edge to my voice as I glared at the old bastard.

"I'm happy to explain. First, I've never met someone in my life who sucked at dancing as much as Jotaro here. Second, he wouldn't know what rhythm was even if you shoved it in his face. Third, he has two left feet. The list goes on and on." By the time he finished he reasoning, he had started wheezing again. I quickly pulled my hat back down to shade my face again as my neck and face burst into flames. I felt my veins popping out and I went to go reach for the bastard's neck until Kakyoin grabbed my arm. Instantly, I calmed down a great deal, but that didn't change the fact that I wanted to punch that geezer's face in.

"Mr. Joestar I think you're exaggerating, Jotaro isn't that bad at dancing." Kakyoin countered trying to defend the little amount of pride I had left.

"Please, have you ever seen him dance?" The old man looked at the red head with an amused face.

"Well, y-yes I have, sure he's not the greatest dancer but he has nice...hips?" His response was strangled as he tried to find a way to make my dancing sound better than it actually was. I had no rhythm and we all knew it.

"Admit it Kakyoin, he was terrible right?" The old man gave a shit eating grin knowing that he was absolutely right. The Kakyoin just dropped his head and sighed. "Well my work here is done, I'll leave you two to your dance lessons." The old man went up to Kakyoin and pat his shoulder. "Good luck." 

     Kakyoin looked up at my shaded face once the old man had left the room.

"Don't listen to him, by the time I'm done with you, you'll be dancing like a pro!" The flames of determination were burning brightly in his eyes. So, he's taken the old man's words as a challenge, now I know for sure that I'll be able to do this dance by the end of these two weeks. "C'mon now Jotaro we have work to do! Off to your room!" He then stated marching down the hallways towards my room with excitement as he now had a new mission. Heh, cute.

.~*~.

1401 words

(Unedited)

I bet you weren't expecting that angst in the beginning huh? There may or may not be a little more of that in future chapters though nothing super extreme! I'm more focused on keeping this story light hearted...I guess if that makes sense? Anyway the next chapter will have Kakyoin and Jotaro's first lesson together, there's a pumped Nori and no one's stopping him! Well anyways until next time!

~Author-chan (∩˃o˂∩)♡