Chapter 15: Oh! That's a Cheater!

"What are we gonna do now that we are on a break?" I asked sitting on my bed drinking a glass of water that I had gotten.

"It depends, what time is it?" Kakyoin responded. I glanced down at my watch quickly.

"2:46pm." I stated glancing back at him.

"Alright, so we will take a forty-five minute break and then get back to our lesson for the remaining hour and twenty-nine minutes." Kakyoin mumbled.

"That still doesn't answer my question." I deadpanned.

"I can quickly go to my house and grab my gaming console so we can play a game." He suggested

"Sure." I shrugged.

***Time skip brought to you by gamers***

We were sitting on my floor in front of my TV, it's screen flashing the words Oh! That's a Baseball! Kakyoin had just finished setting up his console and he chose for us to play this game. He pressed the button for the game to start, I chose the team Jaguars and Kakyoin chose the team, Red Dragons. We started playing and I was immediately hit with the intense feeling of nostalgia, except not in a good way.

Every single time I would swing, I would miss. It was just like when I versed Terence D'Arby all over again, and it didn't help that it was the same teams.

"If only Star Platinum's precision worked in video games, what a shame." Kakyoin taunted. It carried on like this for four rounds, the taunting never ceased and I was left cursing under my breathe in embarrassment. That was until I hit one straight on, earning myself a home run. Kakyoin called it luck, but then it kept on happening. Every hit landed in a home run, where the ball was didn't matter because it always seemed to curve into my bat.

     I was shocked but I hid it with a cocky smirk and remarks, Kakyoin on the other hand couldn't hide his shock so well. His mouth was agape for awhile but then he started to get angry. Every time the hall would magically move towards my bat from its previous position he would start shouting at the game in disbelief. Eventually, he lost.

"Looks like I didn't need Star Platinum's precision to beat your ass." I slyly commented, giving him a shit eating grin. Kakyoin was looking down at the ground his face not visible. He didn't lift his head until we heard someone shout an excited 'yes' from outside the door. It was without a doubt the old man.

     Kakyoin stood up and briskly made his way to my door slamming it open. There he was, the old man was standing right in front of Kakyoin, he seemed to be shrinking under Kakyoin's gaze. I noticed that Kakyoin's head was angled down at the old man's arm, I looked and was horrified to see Hermit Purple's vines. I followed Kakyoin's head as he followed the vines all the way to where they were behind the TV.

     That explains why I was doing so well in the game. It was the old man's Hermit Purple. Kakyoin and I were so focused on the game that we hadn't noticed the vines that were attached to the TV. How did he even know that we were playing a video game? How am I supposed to explain to Kakyoin that I wasn't cheating?

     I looked at Kakyoin and watched as he slowly turned his head back to the doorway only to look down the hall. I could hear loud and fast footsteps, so he ran away. I can't say I'm surprised, what an idiot. I heard Kakyoin take a deep breathe from the doorway. He then turned around to face me, and started walking in my direction slowly.

"So, you cheated." Kakyoin's voice sounded cold, yet he was giving me a close eyed smile. "I thought I knew you better than that Kujo, to think that you would cheat to win a simple game." He was now standing directly in front of me, my head tilted all the way back to get a look at his face.