Chapter 22: Anticipation

After swinging the doors open I scanned the roof. Kakyoin isn't here yet. I walked over to the fence and seated myself against it. I took out my bento and placed it in front of me, I sat there and played with my fingers. Can Kakyoin get here already, I can't wait any longer.

I almost missed the sound of the door opening. Kakyoin entered the roof quietly almost as if he didn't want to be seen. After making his entrance, Kakyoin started walking towards me his gaze never leaving the ground beneath his feet. At the same time my gaze never left him.

Kakyoin placed his bento down in front of me and sat down. I slid my own bento over to him. I watched him closely as he opened up the bento. I watched as his face brightened up at the contents in the box.

"I asked my mom if she could start putting cherries in my bento." I mentioned. I saw Kakyoin smile for a brief second.

"Thanks." Kakyoin said, picking up a cherry and happily twirling it around his tongue.

"No problem." I replied, I felt the edge of my lips curl upwards at Kakyoin's satisfied expression. I then opened up my own bento and began eating.

After we finished eating I watched Kakyoin neatly pack everything away.

"Alright Jotaro! It's lesson time!" Kakyoin announced, his voice switching from its previous shy tone to his usual one. The change in attitude changed almost instantly the second he became my dance teacher. "For this lesson we are going to continue practicing the turn from ye...ster...day." Kakyoin's face went from normal to shocked the second he looked at my face.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, my face scrunching up.

     Kakyoin shook his head, "It's nothing." He stood up and dusted himself off, "We should get started." Kakyoin suggested.

"Alright." I hesitantly agreed, still sceptical as to why Kakyoin made that face. The two of us got into the same familiar position that we have been doing for the past week. However, this time seemed different from the others. It felt more nerve wracking, but at the same time more enjoyable. I'm able to get close to Kakyoin like this everyday without having to come up with some stupid ass excuse.

     The second I looked into Kakyoin's eyes, I realized that my previous thoughts should have never been thought in the first place. Looking Kakyoin in the eyes after my embarrassing lovey dovey shit is too much to handle. I'm fighting every instinct that is screaming at me to look away from those violet orbs.

"Is it alright to start?" Kakyoin asked, his voice cutting through my thoughts. I nodded my head not trusting myself to let out a proper sounding response, and to gain my composure. I was relieved when we started dancing. Now I can put all of my focus into getting these steps right. The last thing I want is a repeat of yesterday, but I want to get this step down with Kakyoin soon so I'll have time to ask him to the dance.

     However, my previous focus was interrupted when I noticed Kakyoin looking at my jaw in awe, instead of looking at my eyes. What's even more confusing is the fact that Kakyoin's face is getting increasingly more red. Not that I'm complaining about the sight of a red Kakyoin, it's just very distracting.

     There really isn't anything I can do about it, so I'll try my best to ignore. I can't ruin my chances on asking Kakyoin out. I put all my focus into dancing once again, my only thoughts being my next step. The moves played over and over in my head.

Step, step, turn.

Step, step, turn.

Step, step, turn.