Chapter 17: What?

March 23, 1989
8:02am

What a chaotic morning. I woke up with only one goal in mind, seeing Kakyoin. I've never gotten ready so fast in my life, and I practically inhaled my breakfast. I'm currently speed walking to his house. I can't stop thinking about his scar. I can't handle the thought that Kakyoin had been going through this sort of thing and I didn't know. Right now, I just want to make sure that he is safe.

I saw Kakyoin standing in front of his house in the distance, I started walking even faster. I was basically jogging at this point. Once I finally reached him, he was giving me an amused look.

"Good morning Joot, you seemed eager to see me." Kakyoin's smirk was apparent in his tone.

"Good morning Nori." I greeted back. "I wasn't eager to see you by the way, I just want to get to school on time." I said trying to search for an excuse.

Clearly Kakyoin didn't believe any word of it. "Sure, let's start walking since you don't want to be late then." I nodded my head and we both began walking in the direction of our school.

"How is your stomach?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Ah, now I know why you were so eager." He chuckled a bit, "It's a lot better, I'm walking normally again which is good."

"That's good." I said simply. I feel a lot better now. We walked in silence for a little bit before I decided to ask something that has been on my mind. "Hey Nori, can I ask you a question?"

"Go for it." Kakyoin replied.

"I was wondering who you planned on going to the dance with." I said, making sure to avoid eye contact. He stayed quiet for a little before responding.

"I actually wasn't planning on going, but if someone asks me to go then I will." During the sentence I couldn't help but notice that Kakyoin kept looking between me and the ground. I don't know how it happened but I felt myself smile a little after hearing his response. So, no one has asked him out yet. "Who do you plan on going with, you have so many letters I wouldn't know what to do." Kakyoin spoke up.

"I don't know who I'm going to bring." I answered honestly. I watched a Kakyoin's face brightened up as a ghost of a smile graced his features.

"Good to know." Kakyoin beamed.

***Time skip brought to you by worrying Joot***

The teacher had dismissed us from class and I grabbed my bento, making my way out of the classroom as fast as possible. I made my way to the stairs shoving off any girl who tried clinging to me. Just as I was about to go up the stairs I spotted Kakyoin, I was going to walk up to him but I saw a girl approach him instead. She yelled for him to stop. I stood still and listened to the conversation.

"You told me to stop right, what is it?" Kakyoin asked politely as usual. I watched as the girl got all fidgety.

"U-um, I," She stuttered and then mumbled something out.

Kakyoin's head tilted to the side slightly, "I'm sorry what was that?"

"I-I said," the girl shook her head vigorously then shouted, "Will you got to the Waltz with me Kakyoin?" She blurted. At that moment I felt my stomach drop, it was like someone had just hit me with a car. I felt sick to my stomach. I watched as Kakyoin eyes widened, he stood there stunned for a couple seconds. After a while I heard him take a deep breath as he collected himself.