Chapter 3

"Piper?" I heard in a familiar voice. I felt my cool look slip away. A young boy emerged from the bushes.

"Gon?" I said worriedly, "Why are you here? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is out here?

"God, you such an old nag." I heard in another familiar voice.

"Why are you here, Killua?" I said immediately recognizing the voice. Killua came out of the bushes where Gon had come from. I put my sword away and crossed my arms as a mother would.

"Why do you think?" Killua said sarcastically, "We're trying to save everyone from the chimera ants." I felt my frustration arise. These boys can and will complicate my mission. I debated whether or not to tell them about the real reason why I'm here.

"I never know who's listening. Better to tell them my lie." I thought to myself. I hardened my deep, blue eyes and told them why I was here. "That's a shame." I said coldly, "I'm here to fight alongside the chimera ant king." Their eyes widened in shock and disbelief. A chilling wind blew past us, sending my long, brown hair up into the air before laying it gently laying it back down.

"Why would you do that?" asked Gon in shock. I felt awful. Gon is such a nice boy. Despite being a little punk, Killua does have the best intentions in mind. I hated having to lie to them, but I had no choice.

"I've always hated mankind for never helping me as a child. They all left me to die and rot in the streets. Never did they look my way to help." I said in a cruel manner, "I'll let you guys go this one time. If I cross paths with you again, I'll have no choice but to fight both of you." I turned to walk away and leave them with their thoughts.

"That's too bad." I heard Killua say. I stopped and turned around to face the young boys. "We can't let the King's army grow any bigger." Killua flared his ren. He had lightning surround him. Gon stood there, unsure of what to do. I didn't pull my sword from its sheath. I didn't release my ren to defend myself. Gon's eyes widened. I internally smiled.

"I guess he got my hint." I thought to myself. Killua charged towards me to attack. I quickly pulled out my Jian and hit Killua with the hilt of my sword. Killua fell onto the ground unconscious. I looked at Gon. Gon smiled at me. He approached me.

"I knew you weren't a bad person," he spoke softly in my ear. I smiled at the small boy and ran off, leaving Gon to deal with Killua.

"I trust that Gon will find a way to subtly tell Killua." I thought to myself.

The next day, I made it to the King's castle. I could feel my nerves begin to shake. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath. I made my presence known to anyone around me. I approached the gates. I was confronted with what looked like a royal guard. She had snow, white hair that paired with red, piercing, cat-like eyes. I put my hands in the air. Her presence intimidated me at the moment we made eye contact. "I have to maintain myself. If I let her intimidate me, then I stand no chance against the king." I thought to myself. I walked to the middle of the courtyard before speaking my business. "I want to fight alongside the king!" I yelled. The guard's ears perked up. Her eyes widened in surprise. She smiled evilly.

"A human wishing to serve alongside the king? You don't seem very powerful." she chuckled, "What's to stop me from feeding you to the king, human?"

"Allow me to prove myself. I will fight any ant you put in front of me. I want all of mankind to pay for leaving me to die. I am alive in spite of them." I said in response. For a split second, I saw her eyes waver.

"Showcase yourself to me. Show me your nen," she spoke firmly and curiously. While keeping my hand in the air, I showed her my ren. My ren enveloped my body and created a flaming dome that took up half of the courtyard. I was careful not to burn any of the odd-looking trees in the courtyard. When I finished, I noticed that three more ants appeared. I can only assume that two of the three were the other guards. I couldn't be sure of the third. I assumed that one was the king. I quickly kneeled.

"Pitou, what is happening here?" asked the tall, princely looking ant with butterfly wings.

"This human wants to serve alongside the king." She responded.

"I guess her name is Pitou." I thought to myself. I could feel all of them staring at me.

"Stand up, human." I heard in a menacing voice. I stood up with my hands at my side, my head straight, and a cold look in my eyes. There was a red ant. His top half was human and the bottom half looked like goat legs. The other was green. He had Fuschia eyes that reminded me of Hisoka's hair. His body was toned and muscular. The top of his head looked like a helmet. He had small ears with the lobes stretching down to the top of his shoulders. His tail had vertical stripes between two different shades of green with a needle at the tip.

"Be careful, sire." warned the princely ant as he walked with the green and towards me.

"Sire?" I thought to myself, "He must be the king, Meruem."

"Quiet, Pouf." the king sneered. I was careful to make no sudden movements. His tail could whip my head off faster than I could draw my Jian. I could feel him analyzing every part of my body. "Your nen intrigued me, human."

"Thank you, your majesty. It's an honor to hear that I have impressed you." I responded formally.

"I want to test your strength," he said. I braced myself for who he was going to have me fight.

"Youpi," he said coldly. The red ant looked up.

"Yes, sire?" he said as he kneeled before the king.

"Bring the first captain you can find. She's going to fight that one." the king said.

"Yes, sire," responded Youpi before leaving to find another chimera ant.

"Come, human. I have a gungi match that I prefer not to miss. You may watch." he said as he walked off.