Chapter 26

I wanted to chase after her. However, my wrist was in his hand. "You're not going anywhere," He seethed. I felt fear crawling up my spine. Having no means to disobey, I sat next to him and waited impatiently for their matches to end. I kept an eye on the sunlight as if it were a clock. It wasn't until the sun was a scarlet color, did their long silent matches end. Once I was allowed to leave, I escorted Komugi back to her room.

"It felt cold today," She said wiggling her eyebrows at me. I shivered as I felt most of my blood leave the rest of my body and filled my cheeks.

"This cheeky little..." I growled internally as I continued walking her to her room. We finally approached her door. She turned the knob and walked inside. Before she closed the door behind her, she turned to face me. She gently pulled me down to her height and brought her face close to my ear.

"I think you'd make an excellent Queen," the girl whispered. I jumped back to see a cocky smirk on her face. "Would you like to come in?" She asked. I wasn't expecting her to ask.

"That's very kind of you," I spoke graciously, "However, I am only your guard. I am to wait out here," I hoped she'd get the hint and leave me alone.

"How can you guard me out there? What if another bird attacks me from outside?" She reasoned. I could see her sly smile beckoning me to come into her room. I sighed and shook my head.

"IF another bird attacks, then call me and I will rush in," I said, shutting the door for her. I stood posted outside her door as I said I would. I hoped I'd see Pitou.

"I wonder if Pitou said anything to-"

"PIPER!!!!" Komugi screamed. I burst into her room with my sword in the air.

"What is it?" I said looking for anyone or anything that I'd have to kill.

"I'm bored," She said smiling.

"Not my problem," I replied, leaving her room. When I left, I crossed paths with Pitou. "Pitou!" I said a little louder than I should've. I quickly covered my mouth. "Sorry," I said in a quieter tone, "I've been meaning to talk to you," Her face wouldn't give me any information. She was completely stoic.

"Is everything alright?" Pitou asked, deciding to make me give her information first.

"Yes," I said trying to keep myself from stuttering, "I..." I paused trying to quickly think of what to say. "I was going to train later. I wanted to know if you could give me some pointers," Her eyes changed for a second. It was as if she were reading me like a book. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was certain I saw some disappointment in her eyes.

"Sorry," she said, holding her hand up, "I can't say I'm the most combative. You should ask Youpi," Pitou said no more before walking away. I couldn't help but think that she knows a lot more than she wants to say. I heard the door squeak as Komugi pushed it open.

"What is it?" I asked, trying to keep a scowl on my face. I don't want her to get too friendly with me.

"I'm hungry," She whimpered, trying to act cute. Her head was poking out of the door like a shy child. Even I had to admit, she looked adorable.

"Alright," I said trying to seem threatening, "Stay here and I will bring a tray to you," She nodded and pulled her head back into the door. I sighed and began a short adventure to bring back food for my ward.