Chapter 21

"I guess you finally figured out you're an error," Youpi said proudly. I froze for a second. I didn't think he actually had a real plan to teach me something. I thought he was getting angry.

"What?" I said as Pouf's music began to die down.

"You can't just take a single swing and expect it to land all the time. You're too confident in yourself. That's a dangerous flaw," Youpi said as he picked up my sword and handed it to me. I was awestruck. I truly was.

"I was also expecting you to use your nen. When you hadn't I was shocked. Your raw power is very impressive. You managed to break at least three of my ribs." Youpi chuckled, "Hey, Pitou!" Pitou looked over to Youpi curiously.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Are you able to give me anything for my ribs?" he asked. Pitou shook her head.

"You gotta weather that one out," Pitou said. I warmed my hand and gently pressed against Youpi's ribs.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Youpi said before realizing the pain was melting away.

"My warmth can heal too. The only problem is I can't do it to myself," I said removing my hand, "Is that any better?" Youpi smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Yeah. Thanks," He said. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Pitou.

"Let's get you patched up. Your face is swollen and I want to make sure you don't have internal bleeding.," Pitou said as she guided me inside. I looked back up at the balcony and noticed Meruem had left. A sad feeling washed over my mind. I don't know why but I had hoped to see him. "You alright, Piper?" Pitou asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ah yes," I said giving her a slight smile. I felt a knot in my stomach the more I thought about him. It was a weird feeling, one that I never experienced before. It made me think about Meruem. It made me think about his touch. I felt hot. I made me think I lost control over my nen for a second. I haven't felt internal heat like that before. Am I losing myself? I was snapped out of my thoughts by the time Pitou and I reached my room. I took off my shirt so she could make sure I wasn't severely injured.

"Can I ask you something, Pitou?" I asked in a hushed tone. She nodded and waited for me to ask. "Did Youpi hold back on me?" I asked.

"No," Pitou said casually, "Every hit you gave and took was fair."

"It's just funny to think that I caused him more damage than me," I said feeling uneasy about the fight.

"Youpi wouldn't disgrace you like that," Pitou said standing up, "You have no fatal internal injuries. I do suggest you rest to regain your strength. I'll notify his highness." Pitou left me alone in my room. I sat on the window ledge watching the sunset. I closed my eyes for what felt like five minutes. When I opened them, the moon was high in the sky and my back was hurting. I couldn't hold my eyelids for very long so I decided to crawl to bed. Before I could let myself fall back into the sweet spell of sleep, there was a knock at my door.

"Who the hell could that be?" I thought to myself as I shuffled to the door. I opened it to be met with a pair of fuschia eyes.

"Sire?" I asked groggily, trying to withhold a yawn, "Did you need something?" Without saying a word, he pushed past my door, sending me a few steps back. It was as if I was flung like a rag doll. My strength was meager compared to his. He approached me with each step giving me a chill that ran through my body. However, I refused to flinch or move. I stayed where I stood with my head held high. His eyes had a sense of determination lingering in them. He stopped a few inches in front of me. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and I fought desperately to keep them at bay. He placed both of his hands at my jaw, cupping my face. He crashed his lips into mine. This time, I dove into his lust making sure to enjoy each and every second.