Chapter 5

Alligator instantly charged towards me. I moved to scratch his skin, to see how tough it really is without my nen. His torso was extremely hard. Next, I tried his limbs. They were softer than I had originally thought.

"His torso must be tougher because of his vitals." I thought to myself. Alligator took a swing. I quickly put my ten to my arms and back. Alligator landed a hit onto my arms and I flew back into a pillar. I was a little scratched up. Thankfully, nothing was broken. I smiled and conjured a flaming sword. I, now, had two swords. One of which was material and the other was nen.

"Is a few scratches on me all you have?" Alligator teased.

"No," I hummed with an evil smile on my face, "I was curious about where your weak points were. Now the fight can really begin." I saw Alligator's aura shift uncomfortably. I had him rattled. Then, again, confidence isn't nearly enough to win a battle with Chimera Ants. My material Jian is made entirely out of metal. I used the fire from my nen to heat up my sword until it was white from my fire. I charged towards Alligator swinging both swords. I gave him multiple burn wounds on his limbs. I charred and burned his armor. I could see it starting to crack. I was about to jam both swords in the crack of his armor when he grabbed my nen sword and shattered it.

"You're not so powerful now. Not without your second sword." Alligator taunted. I was fine with that. I could always conjure it again. Not to mention, one sword is all I truly needed. I jammed my sword through is armor. It was enough to make a hole big enough for me to punch. I lit my fist in flames and punch Alligator's scaly skin. My ability is called Wildfire. I engulf my fist in flames and hit someone. I have to hit their skin in order for the flames to spread. Once I touched Alligator's scaly skin, my flames engulfed him. His armor acted as a conductor. I increased my flames until he burned to death. I turned around and bowed before my spectators.

"Impressive," I heard Meruem mutter. Pitou stared at me in awe. Pouf still seemed suspicious of me. I don't blame him. A human wanting to serve in the ending of humans would be suspicious to me as well. Youpi smiled. "You proved yourself strong. Now, you need to prove yourself loyal to me." I looked at the Meruem in confusion. The doors opened and Komugi entered. "Kill her," he commanded. I looked at the girl and feigned hatred in my eyes. I formed a fireball in my hand. I could feel the servants watch intently. I threw my fireball in the air and created fireworks. I turned back to face the king.

"I know her importance to you, sire. If I kill her, how will you become the best gungi player in the world?" I said knowingly.

"I thought you hated humans, human," Pouf said trying to poke holes in my claims.

"That I do. However, this is a test of loyalty. Not my hatred." I responded.

"What is your name, human?" asked Meruem. I kneeled before him.

"Piper Hashiri," I said kneeling before his majesty.

"Sire," Pouf cut in, "How can we be sure that this human just doesn't want to escape death like the average human? She could be a traitor to us and the humans." Meruem looked like he was considering Pouf's words. I didn't change the cold look on my face.

"You dare to insult my decisions?" the king said menacingly, "You three will watch over her until you are certain of her loyalties." Meruem's response surprised all three of the guards including myself.

"I assume that isn't a problem, Piper?" he said to me. I bowed.

"No sire. I am honored to serve you." I replied whilst still kneeling. I wasn't quite fond of being babysat by the guards. However, I'd rather things go smoothly. I glanced over at Pouf, who was not at all happy with the king's decision. He cooperated nonetheless.