Chapter 29

"Wait!" I shouted. Silva and Zeno stopped and turned to me.

"What is it, child?" Zeno asked, stepping towards me. I could sense his immense power. I almost took a step back.

"I'd like to stay and fight the rest of the ants," I said hoping the two would allow me to stay. The two exchanged glances before turning back to me.

"You are aware where our base is, I presume?" Zeno asked. I nodded.

"Kukuroo Mountain if I remember correctly," I responded.

"I'll expect to see you outside my gate by noon tomorrow. If you're not there, I will assume you are dead and my doors will be closed to you, understand?" I quickly nodded my head. I felt a ray of hope nipping at my soul.

"I shall be there at noon tomorrow," I said slightly bowing.

"A foolish child," I heard Silva mutter to himself. I said nothing as it could lead to instant death.

"Very well," Zeno said, "Noon tomorrow and not a minute later,"

"Yes, sir," I responded.

"Let's go, Silva," Zeno said as he and Silva walked into the darkness of the halls. I smiled to myself. I had no intention of going to Isaac's office yet. I planned on getting Komugi to safety and hopefully finding Isaac before he activates it.

"Why did you let her go?" Silva asked Zeno as the two began the walk back to Kukuroo mountain.

"You've seen the fire in her eyes," Zeno spoke, "She's far too stubborn to come along quietly. If I hadn't let her go then, she would've tried to escape,"

"She'll die if she stays here," Silva argued.

"That's her lesson to learn," Zeno countered with no sorrow in his voice, "If the chairman really did raise her, then I doubt she'll die quickly or easily,"

I found the room that I had left Komugi in. My eyes widened seeing the door wide open.

"Oh no..." I said under my breath. I sped into the room. "Komugi? Komugi, answer me!" I yelled hastily while searching the room.

"P-piper?" I heard her meek little voice.

"Komugi? Where are you?" I asked fearfully. I didn't see any blood anywhere and she could still talk so I wasn't worried about a fatal injury.

"I'm in here!" I heard. I looked around and found a chest in the corner of the room. I opened the chest and found Komugi balled up, hiding inside the chest.

"How the hell did she get in there?" I thought to myself. At the moment, I didn't care to find out. "Come on," I said grabbing her arm and pulling her out, "We're leaving," I dragged her out of the room and into the hall.

"M-miss Piper, what about the supreme leader?" She stammered as she struggled to keep up.

"He put me in charge of your safety. So I'm putting your safety first. Shut your trap and try to keep up," I demanded. I dragged Komugi out into the courtyard. I dragged her a mile away from the palace. I stuck her in the crowd of civilians. "Crouch down and don't come up unless you hear my voice and only my voice," I told her. She nodded and crouched down. I sped off in the direction I had seen Isaac and Meruem flying off in. I felt horrible. I was more worried about Meruem than I was Isaac. "I'm a terrible daughter," I thought to myself. Suddenly, I heard an explosion. I looked up and saw black smoke in the shape of a thorny rose. Fell to my knees knowing that Isaac was gone forever.

That explosion was a bomb planted in his heart. It's called a miniature rose. It's a small bomb that causes mass destruction and death. Anyone who has been caught in the explosion should consider themselves lucky. Those who survived the explosion are the ones who should begin to pray. After the explosion, a poison is spread through the air. It shuts down your internal organs until you drop dead. It's also highly contagious.

I fell to my knees as the tears streamed down my face in sheer waterfalls. A wail erupted from my throat.

"Papa..." I muttered, "I love you," Above me, Youpi and Pouf flew in the same direction of the smoke. I decided to follow them. The consequence was of no concern to me. My ties to the world are gone. The least I can do now is make sure the king is dead. I felt no pain. They both had to be dead. I'm certain of it. The explosion itself is incredibly powerful. If they try to retrieve the king then, there is no doubt about it. They'll be poisoned and begin to spread amongst themselves.