Chapter 10

To my surprise, I woke up in my room. I looked around, making sure to note every detail. I slowly sat up. I pulled the blanket off of my legs and set my bare feet on the ground. My shoes were next to my bed and my metal claw was on the nightstand. The floor was cold and hard. It sent chills up my spine.

When I tried to use my right shoulder, I felt a sharp, radiating pain. I looked down and saw bandages wrapped around my shoulder and my chest.

“I’m alive?” I thought to myself. I could feel a smile approach my face. “I didn't fail. I can still do this.” I got up and look in the mirror. I wanted to see what my wound looked like. I slowly and shakily began unwrapping the bandages. I could see my skin had been charred by my fire people. When I took off all the bandages, I could see where I was stabbed. There were stitches all over my shoulder. I turned around to see my skin was burned even more and the stitches were covering a larger portion of my shoulder blade. I lightly ran my fingers over my wound. I felt a little bit of a sore pain. I pressed a little harder to test my pain endurance. I flinched a bit but when I pressed even harder, I wanted to scream. “What the hell happened to me?” I thought to myself.

“It missed your heart but it still burned you badly.” I heard. I quickly turned around to see Pitou holding a tray of oranges and bandages. “Sit back down and I’ll change your shoulder bandages.” She seemed rather gloomy. I looked at her in a bit of confusion.

“Is everything alright, Pitou?” I dared to ask.

“Everyone is shocked,” she said bluntly.

“Everyone?” I asked in confusion.

“Well, except for Pouf,” she stated in a lighter tone. I nodded in agreement. Then, her tone went back down to gloomy. “We all thought your fire nen wouldn’t harm you. When we all saw you get stabbed and fall, we froze. His Highness was the first to act. He put pressure on your wound. He began yelling for me to activate Doctor Blythe to heal you. When I finished, he brought you here.” she said. She stood up and packed up her stuff and walked towards the door.
“Make sure you don’t work your arm too much. You’ll open your stitches,” said Pitou before leaving the room. I began to look around for my shirt and bra. I was only covered by, soon to be, tattered bandages.

“Aw damn, where are you? Stupid shirt.” I muttered as I tried opened all the drawers and compartments trying to find it. I could feel all the bandages coming undone. “No no no no. Bad time. Really bad time.” I said aloud while trying to tuck the bandages back in.

Third Person P.O.V

Pitou was walking back to Piper’s room to give her back her clothes. She had forgotten about it while she was redoing Piper’s bandages. While she was walking back, she happened upon Meruem.

“Pitou,” he said, “How’s Piper doing?” Pitou looked up at the king.

“She’s awake. She’s okay. Her arm will need time to completely heal It should be sore for a couple of weeks.” she replied. Meruem noticed Pitou had something in her arms.

“What are you holding?” asked Meruem as he peered at the small bundle of clothes in Pitou's arms.

“It’s Piper’s clothes. I sewed them. The shirt had holes from where she was stabbed and the bra strap was ripped.” replied Pitou, “I was going to give them to her right now.”

“It’s okay. I’ll take them,” said Meruem. Pitou handed the clothes over to Meruem. Pitou watched at the king began walking towards Piper’s room. Pitou couldn’t help but feel a bit worried about the mental state of the king. He’s never acted like this before. Never acted with any concern for a mere human such as Piper.
“He’s been acting strangely.” Pitou turned around to see Pouf leaning against the wall of the hallway.

“You noticed it too…” said Pitou softly.

“She’s deterring the king from his original goal.” said Pouf, “We should kill her. The king would forget about her and everything would go back to normal.” Pitou sighed in annoyance.

“I think you’re fantasizing about the king too much,” said Pitou as she dismissed Pouf’s idea and walked off. However, Pouf’s words did ring a bit of truth.