Chapter 25

"You asked to see me, sire?" I said keeping my back to the door.

"Yes," He said nonchalantly, "Sit. I want to play a game with you." I cautiously stepped forward. He already set the game up and gave himself the black pieces. "I saw you playing. I want to test your skills myself."

"If I lose, which I am certain will happen, what then?" I was not in the mood to lose my life because of a damn chess game. He smiled and chuckled at me. It was the first time I heard him laugh. I didn't think he was capable of laughter.

"This is only a mere test. I've already beat the world champion. You are no threat to me," he said arrogantly. I rolled my eyes. A part of me wanted to beat him just to spite him. However, I complied and sat at the other side of the chess board. "You start," He said. I nodded and moved a pawn that was above my rook, two spaces forward. He, in turn, moved the pawn in front of the king two spaces. I felt nervous. My certainty and confidence was slowly decreasing. I fought to keep my hands from trembling. I could feel a bit in my stomach, making myself feel self conscious about every move I make.

"What is he judging me on?" I think nervously to myself, "My movements? My reactions?" I didn't want to make any unnecessary movements. I tried not to twitch or flinch. I felt something poke at my leg. I looked up at Meruem. He wasn't paying attention to me. He, instead, was focused on the chess board. I tried to sneak a glance at what was poking me.

It was his goddamn tail.

"What is he doing?" I thought frantically to myself, "Do I tell him? Do I move?" I began to feel more anxious. I gripped my pant leg and squeezed like a stress ball. My heart was pounding in my ears. I tried to keep my breathing under control but at the same time, I couldn't get enough air. My grip on my pants leg got tighter. "Oh no..." I thought to myself, realizing what's happening to me, "Not again... Not now!" I could no longer fight the trembling in my hands. I felt fear over taking my entire body. "Calm down," I tried to think to myself, "You're okay..." In a flash, I felt his tail wrap around my leg. He jerked my leg, causing me to fall. He pulled me underneath the table and into his arms.

"Calm down," He said almost demanding. My face was in his chest. His arms completely enveloped me. I... I felt safe. "You're not in danger," There was no emotion in his voice and yet it was soothing. I could hear his heartbeat.

Ba bump

Ba bump

Ba bump

My heart fell silent. My hands stopped trembling and I could take in oxygen again.

Ba bump

Ba bump

I finally felt calm again. He felt warm. I could feel Meruem placing his hand on the back of my head and starting to stroke my hair.

"That's new," I thought to myself. I didn't want to look up at him. I felt ashamed. "What kind of guard am I?" I thought to myself. He continued to hold me for a while. It was starting to feel awkward.

"My apologies, sire," I said pushing myself off of him, "I'm ashamed that-" He crashed his lips onto mine. I could feel everything from my neck up turn incredibly hot. I tried to push us apart but he only held me tighter. A part of me liked his tight grip. I wanted to melt into his arms. His tongue poked at my lips.

"Don't open your mouth!" I internally screamed at myself. I tried keeping my mouth closed. However, Meruem doesn't take no for an answer. He gripped my chin and gently pried my mouth open. His tongue slipped into my mouth and began swirling inside. He bit my lip forcing a moan to escape my lungs. My face felt like it was on fire. "I... can't believe.... I moaned...." I could barely think. I almost didn't want him to stop. However, the sound of the door creaking stopped us. We jumped away from each other, frozen and staring at the door in horror.

"There's no way they didn't see us!" I thought to myself. I could feel my brain cells jumping off a cliff.

"Excuse me, Supreme Leader. I think it's time for our next match," It was Komugi. Pitou followed behind her.

"Did Pitou see anything?" I said holding my breath, waiting for Pitou to say something. Pitou looked over to me as if she was about to say something.

"Leave Pitou," Meruem commanded. Without saying another word, Pitou bowed and left, shutting the doors behind her, leaving Komugi with us.