Chapter 22

He crashed his lips into mine. This time, I dove into his lust, making sure to enjoy each second.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as one of his hands played with my hair, and the other ran down my back, stopping at my ass, giving it a gentle squeeze. I moaned into the kiss. His tongue slid into my mouth, and his fingers ran through my hair. My arms wrapped around his neck. We clumsily moved towards my bed, where we fell. Making sure not to break the kiss, we landed on my bed. He peppered kisses all along my jawline, neck, and upper chest, leaving hickies. I couldn't suppress my moans and whimpers. My legs wrapped around his torso, refusing to let him go.

"Piper..." he moaned out, "There's something I need to tell you..." I watched as he slowly moved his head towards my ear, where I could feel his breath grazing my ear. It sent chills down my spine. "Rero rero rero rero," he said as he began to lick my ear crazily.

I shot up from my bed, gasping. I quickly looked around to see the sun shining through my window. I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to my bathroom. I didn't see any marks on my neck or chest. My heart was racing.

"What the hell did I dream about?" I muttered to myself. I continued to look at myself in the mirror while thinking about the dream I had with Meruem. "That was new," I shook my head and splashed some cold water onto my face. After calming myself, I quickly got dressed and decided to patrol the palace. As I was walking around the perimeter, I found a human drawing a circle outside the wall of the palace. I looked around to make sure none of the ants were around when I approached the human. Before I was within 20 feet of him, he whipped his head around to see me. I quickly put both of my arms up. Making sure he saw both of my hands. I pressed my index finger over my lips, signaling him to be quiet. He quickly looked around and beckoned me to him with a wave of his hand. I jogged towards him and watched as he jumped into his circle. I followed in behind him. I landed in a white room with just.

"Who are you?" the man asked me.

"My name is Piper Hashiri. Adoptive daughter of Isaac Netero." I said, "Who are you?"

"I am Knov. I'm part of the chimera ant extermination committee," he said. I could feel my eyes widen a slight bit. However, his eyes narrowed as he stared at me. "I heard you're fighting alongside the chimera ants," he growled. I could help but scoff.

"That means you've spoken with Killua and Gon. Am I right?" I asked. I only told those two my little lie, and Gon saw through my lie.

"Yes, and I know it's only a cover story. You're just infiltrating." Knov said, releasing his glare. I nodded.

"What is it you need? I could keep you from being exposed," I said, slightly worried that they would make a bee-line for the king.

"I'm making exits and entries inside the palace so the rest can come in and out. It'll help us get in and out. How many guards are there now?" Knov asked me.

"There's the king's three royal guards. There are other ants there who aren't fully aware that I'm there. There should be at least six or seven. I can distract all three royal guards if you kill the minor ones. The king should be busy right about now. He has the company of two royal guards. I'll distract the third. I can buy you at most ten minutes. Is that enough?" I asked, feeling slightly guilty about helping Knov.

"Yes," he said as he opened a door and gesturing me to go first. I walked out to find myself on a hill a mile or two away from the palace. I walked back inside the palace to the throne room. I peeked inside to see the king playing gungi with Komugi. He had a softness in his eyes. The same kind that he used with me. I felt a dull, heavy feeling in my chest. I wanted to go inside and sit next to him. However, that's not my job. Standing off to the side, I see Youpi and Pitou.

"I don't see Pouf." I thought to myself.

"What are you doing, human?" I quickly jumped to see Pouf glaring down at me.