Chapter 12

"Why are you here, Ezra?" asked Piper annoyingly. Ezra was typically tasked with keeping an eye on Piper when Isaac couldn't. Piper didn't care for him. He always acted like a parent when even Netero didn't cross such boundaries. She much preferred Isaac to watch over her than Ezra. At least Isaac had the decency to keep any of his unnecessary thoughts until after she had finished her training.

"Why do you think?" Ezra mused, "I'm here to keep an eye on you."

"I'd sooner kill you and at that height, it would not be hard," Piper said as she tossed a small fireball at Ezra. He quickly jumped out of the way. "They'll sense you. I don't have their full trust. Leave before you screw it all up." Piper demanded as she began to walk off.

"I've been watching ever since you got here." Ezra said, "I saw everything." Piper froze. "Don't get too close, Piper. I can see to it that you'll be pulled from here."

"Good luck when you're on fire." She said as she created an enormous fireball as big as her head as she threw it directly at Ezra. She watched as the ball exploded into smaller fireballs. When the fire died down, she leaned down to see Ezra, charred and burned alive. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time," Piper muttered as she began to walk back with Ezra's tiny body in her hands. As she entered the palace, Youpi and Pouf approached her.

"What happened? We saw the explosion in the forest where you were." Youpi said. Piper didn't say a word. She opened her hand to show the two guards Ezra's body.

"I found him running through the forest. A spy. He confessed to having been in the palace and watching each and every one of us. I wasn't sure how long he was there." Piper stated, "I'd rather kill him than capture him alive and run the risk of him escaping."

"Why is he the size of a playing card?" Pouf asked.

"I'm assuming his nen involves the changing of his size. I don't think he can grow bigger than what he already is. If he could, he would have been able to snap my neck or crush me in an instant." Piper reasoned. Her answer seemed to have satisfied Pouf's doubtful mind.

"I'd offer him to the king but you've burned him to a crisp. It wouldn't even suffice as a snack for the king." Pouf said as he took him from Piper, "Excellent job, human. You've earned a minuscule amount of my respect." Pouf's words shocked Piper. She had never thought it would have been possible to earn Pouf's regards in any way, shape, or form.

"The king is playing gungi again with the human girl. He wishes for you to watch." Youpi said. Piper nodded and began walking to the throne room. Once she was gone, Youpi turned to Pouf.

"Was that really all it took for her to earn your trust?" Youpi asked.

"I never mentioned anything about trust. I said minuscule respect. Keep in mind, minuscule is bigger than your brain. How are you able to trust that human so easily?" Pouf questioned.

"Her hatred is real. I can see it in her eyes. You can't feign hatred like hers. I could see the pleasure in her eyes as she held out the man's body in her hand. She had pride knowing she was the one who burned him alive," Youpi answered.