Chapter 5

One day, Samuel and Gyuri returned home from school as usual. Gyuri clutched onto Samuel's hand once she heard an unfamiliar voice. "Gyuri, it's a voice of a woman." Samuel calmed her down. "Oh, sorry. It's unusual for us to have a female guest." Gyuri said. "I know. Let's go see the guest." Samuel suggested and Gyuri nodded.

"Yoongi oppa?" Gyuri called.

Yoongi looked up, "Gyuri." He smiled widely. Gyuri's eyes landed on the female who's sitting next to Yoongi. "We have guest."

Yoongi and the woman stood up. "Gyuri, come. I would like you to meet Sohyun. She's my mate." Yoongi announced. Gyuri's eyes rounded in surprise. "Y-your m-mate? W-Will y-you l-leave me?" Gyuri asked.

"No, honey." The woman who was introduced as Sohyun nestled her. She held her shoulder, "Yoongi oppa already told me about you. And no, I'm not going to take him away from you." Gyuri looked at her, "Really?" Sohyun nodded, "We may just met hours ago but I know he loves you so much." She said. "Thank you." Gyuri already had tears blurred her sight. "Auw." Sohyun gently pulled her into a hug. "Oppa, she's too soft." "I know right. That's why I can't leave her just yet." Yoongi smiled.

Gyuri's eyes widened in shock. "You're the beta's sister of Starry Shadow pack?!" Sohyun nodded. "How old are you?" Gyuri asked her. "I'm a year younger than Yoongi oppa." Sohyun answered.

"So do you find your mate yet?" Sohyun asked. Gyuri shook her head. "I haven't go through my first shift yet." Gyuri answered. "When is your birthday?" Sohyun asked her. "Next month." Gyuri answered shortly.

"And Yoongi oppa didn't tell me about it! How could he?! Listen, we need to make a party for it. We'll going to invite my pack, your pack and the other two packs. We can celebrate two things; me finding a mate and your birthday!" Sohyun said excitedly.

"Unnie, I don't need a birthday party." Gyuri said timidly. "Oh sorry, I forgot. It's about your phobia huh? Yoongi oppa told me about it. You know he talks a lot about you." Sohyun told her. "And you're not upset about it?" Gyuri asked. "Upset? Why?" Sohyun looked at her in puzzle. Gyuri shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe you would want some time talking about yourself, maybe he would want to mark you."

Sohyun's face went red at once. "M-Mark me? But that's too soon." "It's never too soon if you found your mate." Gyuri chuckled.

Sohyun smiled while looking at Gyuri. "Now I understand why your brother wants you to smile more, Gyuri. You're pretty, like a goddess." She said. "W-what...I'm n-not p-pretty at all." Gyuri lowered her head, trying to hide her face. Sohyun went closer to her and cupped her face, "Hey, look at me."

"Gyuri, you are going to be my little sister from now on. I will do anything to make you smile." Sohyun smiled. Gyuri had tears in her eyes. "H-Hey..wh-what's wrong?" Sohyun was flustered when she saw her tears.

"I'm just happy. My brother found someone that will love him. And finally I have someone that I can talk to." Gyuri smiled, tears fall from her eyes. "Ouh, Gyuri." Sohyun hugged her.

Sohyun stayed for dinner. Both Yoongi and Gyuri were present during the dinner. They talk about each other's family. After that, Gyuri left to her, to give time for her brother and Sohyun to talk with each other. Samuel knocked on her door. "Your guest is leaving. Alpha Yoongi wants you to come down for a moment." Samuel said. Gyuri nodded before she left her room.

She ran down the stairs but came to a stop when she saw her brother was kissing Sohyun at the front door. She smiled, *Yoongi oppa looks so soft in front of his mate.* she said to herself.

They both broke the kiss and that's when Sohyun noticed Gyuri's presence. "G-Gyuri! How long have you been there?" Yoongi asked with his visible blush. "Long enough to watch that kiss." Gyuri answered as she walked towards them. "Aish! This kid!" Yoongi blushed and so did Sohyun.

Gyuri hugged Sohyun, "You'll come here again, won't you?" she asked Sohyun. "Will my presence makes you happy?" she asked Gyuri back. Gyuri didn't hesitate to nod. "Okay, I'll stop by whenever I have time." Sohyun gently patted her head. "You two grew closer huh?" Yoongi asked. Sohyun smiled.

"Well, good night Gyuri." Sohyun smiled at her and Gyuri smiled back. "Good night, unnie." "Bye Yoongi oppa." Sohyun smiled at him. "Next time, bring along your brother. He and I can have some man to man talk while you and my sister have some of your 'girl time'." Yoongi smiled. Sohyun chuckled, "Sure, I will tell him that." With that Sohyun walked out from the house.

Yoongi closed the door and turned to Gyuri. "Do you like her?" he asked him. Gyuri nodded. "It feels like I just found my long lost sister." She smiled. "I glad you're happy, Gyuri. Smile more after this okay." Yoongi patted her head.

Taehyung went into the school library and returned the book he borrowed before this. "I'm looking for this book. Do you have it here?" he asked the librarian as he gave the tittle to her. She ran a database checked on the PC. "We do. It's on the shelf 3A-2-3. Should I find for you?" she asked. "I'll find it myself." Taehyung answered coldly before he went away.

He searched through the shelf and finally found the book he was looking for. "Done. Now, let's go home." He was about to take his leave when he sniffed something sweet. "Mate." His inner wolf howled. "Calm down, you asshole." Taehyung scolded him and his wolf went silent at once.

Taehyung sniffed the air again. *her scent!* a smile craved on his face. His foot moved on its own, following the sweet scent. The scent grew closer and he knew she was at the other side of the shelf. Instead of going directly towards her, he went to the alley next to her. He sat down and leaned again the wall. Between the books on the shelf, he could see a hoodied figure. The face was not visible but he knew well that it's his mate. The hoodie that person was wearing proved it.

"Are you alone?" he suddenly asked between the books.

Gyuri shut her book. *it's a man.* she thought in horror. She was about to stand and leave but Taehyung stopped her, "Don't go." He said with his alpha voice.

His stern voice brought shiver down her spine. *there's so much power only from his voice. Just who is he?* she thought.

"I know you have fear of men, which why I didn't show up in front of you. But I hope I can have a talk with you. Please?" Taehyung asked softly.

Gyuri looked around, *Oh my! Where's Samuel?! What should I do?*

"Please? Just for a while." Taehyung pleaded.

Gyuri sat back on the floor. She pulled her leg closer to her as she was trembling. "I can sense, you're shaking inside. Are you afraid of me?" Taehyung started to ask her. "W-Who a-re yy-you?" Gyuri stuttered.

"Me? Don't you recognize me from my voice? I used my alpha voice a moment ago." Taehyung said.

*alpha? But the only alpha in this school is...* "Are y-you the al-alpha of the S-Silver C-canine?" she asked. Taehyung smiled, "I'm glad you know my pack." "D-Do y-you nee-need anything from me, Al-alpha?" Gyuri asked. "Nothing much. I just want to know if you like the hoodie." He asked. Gyuri nodded. "It's com-comfortable. Do you need it b-back? I'll leave on the counter for you." Gyuri said. "No, it's for you to keep. Besides, it looks good on you." Taehyung praised her. Gyuri's face flushed in red, "Thank y-you, Alpha."

After a moment of silent, "I need to go." Gyuri was about to leave but Taehyung stopped her again. "Wait. Let me leave first. At least you know I won't be walking behind you." Taehyung stood up. "The next time we meet, I hope you drop the formality with me, Miss Alpha's sister." With that Taehyung left her.