Chapter 16

A black car parked in front of the Moonlit Howler pack's house. The Beta, Sanghyun was already waiting at the entrance. The door to the car was open and Taehyung got out from the car. "Alpha Taehyung." Sanghyun held his hand at him. "Beta Sanghyun. It's good to see you again." Taehyung shook his head. "Alpha Yoongi is waiting for you in his reading room." Sanghyun told him and he nodded. "Follow me." He said before he went into the mansion and Taehyung followed after.

Sanghyun knocked the door. "Come in." Yoongi called from inside. Sanghyun opened the door and let Taehyung walked in. "Ah, Alpha Taehyung. Please come in." Yoongi called for him. Taehyung bowed his head before he walked closer to Yoongi. Sanghyun left two of them alone for their private discussion.

"Please have a sit." Yoongi pointed at the empty chair in front of him. "Tea?" Yoongi gently pushed the cup of hot tea. "Thank you." Taehyung was being polite. He took a small sip of the tea before looking back at Yoongi.

"You want to talk with me?" he asked Yoongi. He nodded, "Gyuri told me that you are her mate." Yoongi started off by asking him the question. Taehyung nodded, "She tells you no lie." "I supposed you know about her phobia." Yoongi looked at him. Taehyung nodded, "But just to let you know, I never push her to do anything." "I know. She showed no sign of struggling. But what is your plan now?" Yoongi asked.

"At the moment, we both agreed to take things slow. She agreed with my plan when I want to slowly get close to her. I saw how she got panic once and I don't want history to be repeated. I really want to be with her but I understand that she needs to trust me first." Taehyung told her. Yoongi nodded.

"Alpha-"

"Don't be too formal, Taehyung. This is a private talk, not a meeting for alpha." Yoongi said. Taehyung cleared his throat. "Hyung..." he looked at Yoongi for reaction but Yoongi looked neither upset nor angry so he assume it's okay to call him that.

He cleared his throat again, "Gyuri...what caused her phobia?" he asked Yoongi. "That...you need to ask her. She knew the situation better, I wasn't there by her side when it happen." Yoongi said. Taehyung calmly nodded even though he was curious deep inside.

"Actually I have nothing much to talk with you. I just want to let you know about her condition. Since both of you agreed with your way, I guess there's nothing I should worry about." Yoongi said to him before he took a small sip of the tea.

Taehyung nodded.

Yoongi checked his watch, "She should be in the garden with Reiri right now. Sanghyun, can you show him our greenhouse?" Yoongi called for his Beta. He nodded, "I understand, Alpha. Please come with me, Alpha Taehyung." Sanghyun looked at him.

Taehyung looked at Yoongi. "Welcome to my family, Taehyung." Yoongi gave him a small smile. Taehyung smiled back, "Thank you, hyung." He got up and followed Sanghyun.

Yoongi looked at him as he left the room. He sighed, "She's a big girl now." Yoongi stretched his arms, "I should tell omma about this." Yoongi got up and left the room as well.

Gyuri was in the greenhouse with Reiri by her side. "So how's thing between you and your mate, Gyuri?" Reiri suddenly asked. "Nothing much, I guess. I mean it's only small progress." Gyuri answered as she looked at the red roses. "Well, what I saw on you is you look brighter than usual. I assume it's because of him." Reiri told her. "I don't know...maybe." Gyuri was unsure.

"Hi there, kitten." Someone greeted them.

Both Gyuri and Reiri turned around. "Alpha!" Gyuri stood up in surprise. Taehyung smiled at her, "I thought I told you to call me by my name only."

Reiri looked at Gyuri, "I should leave you two. Will you be okay?" she asked her and Gyuri nodded eagerly, "I guess I will." Reiri smiled before she walked away. She gave a greeting bow to Taehyung before she closed the door to the greenhouse.

Carefully, Taehyung walked towards her. "Wh-What are you doing here?" she asked him. "I went to see your brother." He answered. "Ab-about the r-rogue?" she looked at him in puzzle. He shook his head, "No, about us." He smiled.

Gyuri looked at him in puzzle, "About u-us?" He nodded eagerly. "He said I can't be your mate. He wants me to leave you. So I'm here to say goodbye." He smiled. "W-What? N-No! You c-can't l-leave m-me!" Gyuri freaked out.

Taehyung looked at her. "Do you like me, kitten?" he asked her. Gyuri just pressed her lips into thin lines. He smiled, "Sorry kitten but I lied. Alpha Yoongi didn't ask me to leave you. But we did talk about us."

Somehow Gyuri more relief and relax. Gyuri went to sit on a garden bench. "Sit." She called him. Taehyung walked towards her and sat at another end of the bench. "So how are you today?" he asked her. She nodded, "Good." "Are you excited for school tomorrow?" he asked her. "On-nly we-weird people excited for sc-school." She answered with a deep sigh.

Taehyung chuckled, "I guess I'm weird then. I'm pretty excited to go to school tomorrow." She looked at in surprise, "So-Sorry, I didn't me-mean to hurt your feelings!" He laughed, "No, I agree. Only weird one get excited for school. But I'm excited because I get to see you at school." He told her with a smile.

Gyuri blushed.

Just then Reiri entered the greenhouse. "Agassi, the lunch is ready. Alpha Yoongi wants you and Alpha Taehyung to have your lunch first."

"Oppa went out?" she asked Reiri. She nodded, "He went to your uncle's place to see your mother." Reiri told her. She nodded, "We'll be there." Reiri bowed and walked out from the greenhouse.

"Your mother didn't stay with you?" Taehyung asked and she shook her head, "Since my –dad passed away, sh-she stayed with m-my –uncle. She d-don't want to get h-headache with th-the wolves p-problem. S-She trust Yoongi oppa t-to take care of everything h-here." Gyuri told him and he nodded, "I wish to meet her one day." "You w-will. Now, let's e-eat." Gyuri said.

"After you." Taehyung let her walk first. "N-no." Gyuri shook her head. "Oh, sorry. I always leave first before you." Taehyung smiled. "Sorry." "It's okay, kitten." Taehyung nodded. He walked towards the entrance and Gyuri followed him from behind.

Gyuri caught something from the corner of her eyes. She let out a loud gasp before she hurriedly went to clutch onto Taehyung's back shirt. Taehyung stopped abruptly. "K-Kitten?" he was surprise at her sudden move. She was so close to him that his heart was beating like crazy.

"Gyuri talked to me!" Taehyung turned to face her. She looked at him in fear, "F-F-...Frog!" Taehyung blinked at her in puzzle. He looked at the ground and found a frog near her foot. He chuckled, "An alpha's sister is scared of a frog?" "P-please...chase it a-away." Gyuri pleaded. Taehyung shook his head with a small smile before he chased away the frog.

"It's gone, kitten." Taehyung told her. She sighed in relief. "-th-Thank y-you." She thanked him. "No problem. Should we go now?" Taehyung asked before he turned to leave. Gyuri bit her lips as she looked at Taehyung's hand swayed as he walked. She quickly walked up to him and decided to take a big step.

Gyuri hooked her fingers around Taehyung's fingers. He looked at her in surprise, "G-Gyuri?" Gyuri quickly pulled her hand away, "I'm sorry...I-I ju-just...uhmmm...well..."

Taehyung linked his pinky finger with her pinky finger. "Do you want to hold hand?" he asked her and she answered him with a small smile.

Taehyung smiled widely. "That's a big step you made, kitten. But this would be enough at the moment. I don't want you to go into panic attack." She nodded.

Taehyung looked at their intertwined finger. "So tell me. What do you feel? Do you feel stuffy inside?" he asked her worriedly. She shook her head. "Li-little nervous...b-but I l-like it thi-this w-way." She answered. Taehyung looked at her, "The time will come for us, kitten. Once you open your heart for me, I promise you I won't let go of your hand. My hand would be the only one that will hold your hand." he promised her. She smiled at him before giving him a small nod.