Chapter 44

Author's note : We are entering the final phase of this book. means the ending is just around the corner. and since we're entering the 'fight and war' phase, i need to apologize beforehand for any illogical fighting scene. i'm not good with writing this kind of scene. >_< so, I'm sorry.

It was a like a real war at the vast field. Rogues and wolves were fighting and killing each other. Namjoon broke a rogue's neck. "Just kill everyone!" "Yes, Alpha!" his pack members nodded before aggressively killed more rogues.

During that time, Samuel and Taehyung were both facing Sanchez. "Finally, Alpha Taehyung!" Taehyung grinned. He was ready to attack Taehyung when suddenly Samuel stood protectively in front of Taehyung, "Too bad because today, I'm your opponent." Samuel said.

Taehyung looked at the young rogue, "Move aside, Samuel!" he said in his alpha voice. Samuel turned sideways, "Seems that you forgot that I'm not in your pack so your alpha voice doesn't work on me." Taehyung gritted his teeth, "I said move aside!"

"Go find her." Samuel said.

"What?"

"Go! Find Gyuri. She needs you more." Samuel said. "I'm sorry but you're not going anywhere! Not you, not the young alpha!" Sanchez launched himself at them. He aimed his claw at Taehyung.

Samuel quickly pushed him from his side, causing Sanchez to be thrown to the side. Samuel turned to Taehyung. "Go!"

Taehyung snapped from his reverie and quickly gave Samuel a small nod. "Don't die. I'll return with her." with that Taehyung walked away, into the darkness.

"Don't die huh? I may not know my brother well, but I know well I don't stand a chance against him." Samuel thought.

"You rascal! You let him go!" Sanchez gritted his teeth. "You're fighting with me, brother." Samuel glared at his brother.

Sanchez smirked, showing his fangs to his younger brother, "Gladly. Besides, you're no one to me but a traitor."

"I did not betray anyone! I just found a new family." Samuel glared at his brother. "With the wolf?! They are no family! We are your family!"

"No! You are no family to me so shut the fuck up and stay away from my family!" Samuel ran towards his brother and started to attack him.

Taehyung sniffed the air. *damn it! I can't pick up her scent at all!* Jimin and Jungkook nestled their alpha.

"What do we do now, alpha?" Jungkook asked. "We found no building at all in this field." Jimin told him.

"Maybe, just maybe, they're hiding her in some underground room?" Taehyung asked as he looked at them. "We'll look for any entrance." Jungkook told the young alpha and he nodded. "Alert me if you found any."

"We will." With that Jungkook and Jimin went away.

Taehyung fastened his steps into the forest, looking for any hidden entrance.

Not long after that, a howl was heard.

Taehyung looked up to the sky, "Jimin!" he quickly ran towards the direction of the howl. To his surprise, Hoseok was there with Seokjin, fighting the rogues with Jungkook and Jimin.

"What's going on here?!" Taehyung asked as he went over to help them. He killed a rogue that tried to hurt Hoseok. "You're okay?" he asked. Hoseok nodded, "Yeah. Jungkook and Jimin told us about another entrance. Me and Seokjin hyung found these guys going through another door. It's right beneath that huge tree. You should probably go, alpha. I'm sure that's where your mate is." Hoseok urged him to leave.

"But I can't let you fight alone!" Taehyung said before he bit a rogue to death. "I am not alone, Alpha Taehyung. Your Beta and Delta are here. And I have Seokjin hyung with me. Just go!" Hoseok pushed him with his snout.

Taehyung took few steps backward. "Promise me you won't get hurt." "We'll see you soon, alpha-LOOK OUT!" Hoseok warned Taehyung when he saw a rogue was trying to attack him. Taehyung jumped to the side and Hoseok took the job to kill him. Hoseok turned to look at Taehyung, "Now go!" Taehyung nodded at him before headed to the tree he was talking about.

From a distance, Taehyung could see some rogue guarding the entrance. *this is not going to be easy* Taehyung thought.

The rogues growled at him when they noticed his present. They started to attack him all at once. As an alpha, he is a lot stronger compare to a normal pack members. Clearing a total number of 10 rogues is not a major problem for him. He quickly shifted back to him human form. *here I come, princess.* he opened the door and went down through the entrance.

Few rogues attacked him again once he reached the basement. Since the number of rogues are not as many as he had before, he had no problem killing them without shifting to his wolf form. Once he's done with the rogues, he looked around the area, searching for any room before he finally found one.

He quickly opened the door to the chamber and surprise swept his face. His heart broke into thousand pieces when he saw Gyuri, unconscious. Her body was covered with bruises and cuts. He could smell her scent but it grew faint as the room was masked with wolfsbane.

"Gy-Gyuri?" he nestled her with a shaky legs. He sat on the floor and rested her head on his lap. "Gyuri? Kitten, can you hear me?" he asked her with a little tears already covered his sight. He watched her carefully and notice that she's still breathing. Relief swept him. "Ki-kitten, I'm here now. Pl-please wak-e up." He almost cried.

"I guess that wolfsbane finally got her huh? We're having a hard time waiting for the wolfsbane to take effect on her." a voice said from the door.

Taehyung looked up at the figure with a growl. "Who are you?" Taehyung asked as he carefully placed Gyuri back on the floor.

The man smiled, "Nico, at your service, young alpha."