Chapter 8

Gyuri clutched onto Samuel's sleeve as they walked down the hall. They were early that day so there weren't many students yet, making Gyuri feels comfortable a little. Just like their routine, Samuel waited for her while she gets the books for their class that day.

Just then, Gyuri's nose caught a familiar scent. *he's here!* she thought before she threw her gaze to the end of the hallway and there he is, walking proudly with his beta and delta. Gyuri quickly turned to her back and continued to pack her things in hurry, not wanting to meet him eye-to-eye. She looked up at Samuel, "Done, let's go." She said softly and he nodded. "Let's go."

"Excuse me." A voice said. Even with her back facing him, his voice sent shiver down Gyuri's spine. "Alpha." Samuel bowed to him. "Can I have a word with your friend here, privately?" Taehyung asked. Samuel uneasily looked at Gyuri. She timidly shook her head. Samuel sighed, "I'm sorry, Alpha but you see my friend wish not to talk with you at the moment." He said.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "Yah! He's an alpha, can't you see it? Show his some respect!" he said. Jimin turned to him, "Yah, maknae. Calm down okay!" Jimin then turned to look at Taehyung. "We're going first. Do what you need." Jimin said before he tugged on Jungkook's hand, "You're coming with me, kid." "Wait! Ah, hyung." Jungkook grunted as Jimin dragged him away.

Taehyung looked at them, "Sorry about them. Now that they're gone can you please consider it again? We need to discuss about it." he asked. Samuel looked at Gyuri. She called him closer and whispered to him something. Samuel looked at Taehyung, "She said there's nothing to be discussed about." Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "We do. I know you know about it too. We have to talk it out." Taehyung was a little bit pushy.

Taehyung and Gyuri were in an empty classroom. The two of them sat two tables apart. "So who's that guy?" Taehyung asked. "J-Just a-a f-fr-friend." Gyuri answered. "But you know he's a rogue." Taehyung's statement was a mixture of statement and question. Gyuri didn't know what to answer so she just nod her head. While the two of them were in the class, Samuel was waiting outside the class, stopping anyone who's trying to get into the class, telling them that it's the alpha's order.

Taehyung took a glance at her. She did not have long, jet-black hair like any normal girl would have but to him, she's looking so perfect with that hair. His over-sized hoodie she was wearing made her look small and petite. She looks perfect in his arms. Taehyung cleared his throat. "Uhm, so...about us-" "T-th-there won't be any 'us'" Gyuri built up her courage to say that.

Taehyung looked at her in surprise. "What do you mean?" Gyuri's whole body was shaking. She made a brave decision. She looked up and turned to look at him, "Reject me." Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. "What?!"

"R-Reject me." She repeated herself.

"I will not!" Taehyung said sternly using his alpha voice.

Gyuri quickly bowed in apology, "I'm ss-sorry to of-offend you alpha bb-ut I have m-my reason." "Let's hear them." Taehyung said. "I-It's m-my ph-phobia." Gyuri looked back on the floor. "You can fix it right. You can't ask me to reject you. You know exactly what will happen if I reject you." Taehyung kept his eyes glued on her figure.

Gyuri sighed, "D-Death ca-can be prevented if we bo-both reject each o-other. J-just pray that the Moon Goddess will fi-find you another ma-mate." The wolves believe that the Moon Goddess is the one who's responsible in arranging the mates. If both mates reject each other, they will need to find a new mate.

"That's not possible because right now I only want you." Taehyung said sternly. His words made her heart sparks. She's feeling butterfly in her stomach. "Please don't do this to me. I waited for you for a year now. I was waiting for your first shift to tell you that you are my mate. I spent a whole year without my mate, even though I see her every day at school. For one whole year, I learnt to control my anger every time I see you holding hand with that guy. I was hoping that one day, I could be the only guy to hold your hand. So please, don't do this to me." Taehyung, the alpha of Silver Canines pack was actually pleading to Gyuri.

Gyuri sighed. "I-I n-need to fi-find ways to ove-overcome this phobia. I don't wan-t to h-hurt your fe-feelings, Alpha."

"Please, don't call me alpha. We're mates after all. I don't want you to worry too much. Together, we will find some ways to overcome your phobia." Taehyung smiled. Gyuri blushed, "O-Okay."

Taehyung stood up. "School's starting soon. I'll see you soon, Min Gyuri." He smiled one last time before he walked out from the classroom.

Gyuri let out a heavy sighed. *he's not that bad. If it's not because of this phobia, I would already threw myself on him just now.* she thought. "I love his scent." She said to herself.

Taehyung gazed out the window as their car drove passed Samuel and Gyuri. As usual, she was holding tightly onto Samuel's hand. He knew it was because of her phobia. He knew it's because she needs to feel safe. But he can't help but to feel angry. He involuntarily clenched his fist. Jungkook looked at him, "Hyung?" he asked. Taehyung looked at him, "What?" he asked coldly. "Are you okay?" he asked. Jimin turned to Taehyung as well. "Taehyung, I think he should know. You don't want him to hate her, do you?" Jimin asked calmly.

Jungkook frowned, "Her? Who are we talking about again?" he asked his alpha and beta. "We are talking about the alpha's sister, Min Gyuri." Jimin answered. "Oh, the girl with the rogue? What's with her?" he asked as he looked at Jimin. Jimin looked at Taehyung for answer. He should be the one to announce it, not Jimin.

Taehyung sighed, "She's my mate." He declared. "She's your what?!" Jungkook was obviously surprise. Taehyung calmly looked at Jungkook. "I knew she's my mate since my first shift last year. She had her first shift days ago and she felt the bond so I decided to tell her about it."

"That's what you meant by discussion with her this morning?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung nodded. "She wants me to reject her." "But then she could die." Jimin said. "She planned to reject me as well so none of us could die." Taehyung said. "She hates you?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung shook his head, "It's her phobia." "So what now? You two reject each other already?" Jimin asked. Taehyung shook his head. "I've got my eyes on her since last year. I couldn't let her go just yet." He told them. "We decided to take it slow." He added. "So you won't mark her just yet?" Jungkook asked and he nodded.

Jimin looked at Taehyung, "Are you okay with that, Taehyung?" "I love her. I'll do anything to get close to her." Taehyung said with determination.