Chapter 12

The moon shine bright in the night sky. Gyuri was busy doing her homework in the reading room with Samuel. "Samuel, teach me this. I don't understand a thing." Gyuri was about to cry. "Yah, don't cry. You just need a formula." Samuel said. "I already did but I didn't get the answer." Gyuri groaned. "I hate physics." She said. Samuel sighed, "You're such a crybaby. Here, let me look." Samuel looked at her calculation. "Gyuri, you used the wrong formula." Samuel noticed. "What? But I used everything the question gave." Gyuri said. "Look you just need to-"

DING!

Both Samuel and Gyuri looked at the phone. Samuel narrowed his eyes at her, "You didn't silent your phone?" he asked. She smiled awkwardly, "Sorry, I forgot I guess. Pardon me." She took her phone and checked it. She frowned, *a message?* she received a message from an unknown number.

"Min Gyuri?-unknown"

"Samuel, let's take a break. I need to take this." Gyuri looked at Samuel. He rolled his eyes. "Fine. 10 minutes. I'm getting something to drink. Want anything? Hot chocolate?" he asked. She smiled, "You know me too well. Thanks." "Sure." With that Samuel walked out from the reading room and went downstairs.

Gyuri quickly typed her reply. "Yes, this is Gyuri. Who's this?"

"Kim Taehyung.-unknown."

Gyuri's eyes widened in surprise when she read the replied. *what?! How did he get my number? Samuel? No, he's with me all the time. This must be a fake message.* she thought.

"How do I know this is not a fake message?" sent

"Not everyone know you're my mate, kitten.-unknown"

Her heart started to beat faster. *oh no! It is him. He called me kitten a few times before this.* "What do I do?"

"Hey, kitten. Are you still there?-unknown"

"Yes."

"Short reply? Are you nervous?-unknown"

"Yes."

"Should I give you a call?-unknown"

"No! Please don't!"

"Finally, I'm getting something else other than yes. Are you busy?-unknown"

"Homework."

"I see. I'm just checking on you.-unknown"

"Where do you get my number?"

"Your homeroom teacher has all the records. It was an easy task for an alpha.-unknown"

"Oh right."

"I get a feeling that you are getting more nervous. You should get back to your work. Sorry to disturb you kitten. Good night and sweet dream-unknown."

"You too."

Gyuri looked at her phone. When there's no more reply from him, she let out a relief sigh. "That was alarming." She quickly went to contact and save his number. She smiled as she looked at the name.

My Alpha Mate

*I like the nickname.* she smiled to herself.

Just then Samuel returned with two mugs of hot chocolate. "Here's yours." He placed the drink near her. She smiled widely at him, "Thank you. Should we get back to work?" Samuel frowned, "What in the world is wrong with you? You look...delighted." He asked. "No, I'm not. Now let's finish our work so I can watch my Westlife." She said.

"Again? Gyuri, you watch too much of them. Watch something else will you?" Samuel reorganized his paper. "I do. I watch Backstreet Boys too. Oh and Celine Dion too. I love her voice." Gyuri said. "Why old singer? You should listen to the recent artist." Samuel said. Gyuri shook her head. "I prefer the old ones. Their lyrics are far more meaningful." She said. Samuel shook his head. "Let's finish our work." He grabbed his pen and Gyuri followed him.

Gyuri glanced at the clock on the wall of her room. *1 am? Time sure flies.* "Just one more and I'll go to sleep." She continued to watch Youtube. Just then she received a message.

My Alpha Mate.

She quickly sat up and swipe her phone to open the message.

"Gyuri, I don't know if you're asleep but I hope we can have lunch together tomorrow. I'm going to lessen the distance between us tomorrow. I'll bring your lunch with me so don't worry about it."

Gyuri read the message and her face blushed. "We're having lunch together tomorrow?"

DING!

She received another message.

"I know it's selfish for me to say this to you right now but kitten, I love you. I love you Min Gyuri. I told you how I watch you for the whole year but truthfully speaking, I don't know much about you. I really hope we can work this out together. I really want to get to know you better. Goodnight, love."

Gyuri couldn't take it anymore. She threw her phone aside and quickly ran into the restroom in her room. She gave a quick rinse on her face. She looked at her reflection at the mirror. "He said he loves me. He loves me. Urghh, I don't deserve a guy like him. I'm not pretty and I'm not a genius either!" she sighed in disappointment.

"While him...he's an alpha...he has the looks. I'm sure he has hundreds on girls' eyes on him. Compare to them..." Gyuri consciously touched her shoulder-length hair, "I have nothing." She sighed.

Author's note: 

Hi!

So today is my second day working from home. Two days since our PM announced Restriction Movement Order due to COVID-19 outbreak. So how are my fellow malaysian doing? Please help the government by staying at home okay. the doctors and the others are staying at labs and hospitals for us. we should do them favor by staying at home. 

Please, I'm begging you. Stay at home. Avoid mass gathering. Wash hand with soap frequently.

Please!

Stay at home.