Chapter 35

"For goodness sake, Taehyung, eat something!" Sohyun's voice echoed from the kitchen. You can practically hear the firmness in her voice. "I can't nuna." Taehyung sighed. "Yes, you can! You should! You haven't eat anything for the last two days Taehyung!" Sohyun looked at him in anger. Samuel was leaning against the wall with his hand crossed on top of his chest, "Alpha, you should really eat something." Samuel said.

Taehyung sighed, "How can I eat when she's up there, still unconscious after what I did to her?" he messily ruffle his hair. "We all know it's not your fault, Taehyung." Alpha Namjoon said.

Since the rogue incident at school happen, the school was closed for a whole week for restoration work. The south, north, east and west pack members are busy carrying out their duty in investigating and finding the person, the rogue who's responsible behind the attack.

But Taehyung is an exceptional. He couldn't work. He couldn't think straight after he learnt what he did to Gyuri. He never left her side for as long as she's unconscious. Jimin and Jungkook took turn to visit him at the Moonlit Howlers pack house.

Sohyun has been staying over at their place on her own will. After Yoongi told her what happen to Gyuri, she wasted no time and hurriedly drove to their place. She brought along her brother with her. Seokjin, Namjoon and Hoseok also took turn to visit Taehyung and Gyuri at the pack's place.

"I swear on my own life that I'm going to kill whoever responsible for the attack!" Taehyung clenched his fist. "Before you can kill somebody, you need to eat something, kid." Yoongi looked at him.

"You would want to be in good shape when Gyuri wakes up. I'm sure she hates to see you in this condition, alpha." Samuel added. Taehyung sighed as he looked at the food Sohyun prepared for him. "Please, eat up, alpha." Hoseok pleaded. Taehyung sighed again before he pulled the plate close to him. He was about to take the first bite when his nose caught a familiar scent. He put down his spoon and turned toward the kitchen entrance.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked him before he too, turned around.

Just then, Gyuri revealed herself at the kitchen entrance.

"Gyuri!" they exclaimed in surprise.

Gyuri looked so weak. Her eyes were half-way opened. "O-Oppa..." she said weakly and she was falling. Taehyung went on his feet and in a blink of eyes he was already in front of Gyuri, capturing her falling figure in his hands. "I got you, baby girl. I got you." he whispered to her.

"Bring her to her room, Taehyung." Seokjin said. "You two need to talk. We'll leave you for now." Hoseok added. Taehyung nodded. He swiftly scooped her in his arms and hurriedly went to her room on the second floor.

Taehyung gently laid Gyuri on her bed. He pulled the cover up to her chest. Gyuri grabbed onto his wrist, "Oppa, s-stay with m-me." She looked at him. Taehyung stared at her for a moment before he nodded, "I never leave your side, Gyuri." He gently stroke her head. "Why did you went down? You should stay here." Taehyung asked her as he sat on the bed.

"I ca-caught your sc-scent. I j-just want to see you." Gyuri told him. "After what I've done to you, kitten, you still want to see me?" Taehyung looked at her with a sad eyes. "You kn-know it's not yo-your fault. So why'd bl-blame yourself?" Gyuri asked.

"I almost kill you, Min Gyuri!" Taehyung clenched his fist tightly. "Damn it, I almost kill you! And yet you're here, still wanting to see me. I don't deserve you, kitten." Beads of tears fall from Taehyung's eyes.

Gyuri's eyes widened in surprise when she saw the tears. She quickly sat up and went closer to him. She gently cupped his face.

"And I still want you." Gyuri said.

Taehyung looked at her. "What?" "You don't have to blame yourself, oppa. It's not your fault. You m-may hurt me in an-y way but it do-doesn't change the fact that you're my mate. And I still want you." She drew a random circle on his cheek with her thumb.

Taehyung gave her a soft smile. "Thank you for trusting in me.

Taehyung rested his hand on top of hers, "Kitten..."

"Hmm?" She looked into his eyes. "Do you realized that you stuttered less nowadays?" he asked her as he rested his forehead on hers. She leaned closer to him. She brought her hand down to his chest and fiddled with the button of his shirt. "Maybe it's because you ma-rked me. I'm getting accustom with yo-your presence around me." Her breathing gently slapped his skin. "That's a good news." Taehyung slowly placed his lips on top of hers. It was a small peck on the lips but it's enough to give a big smile on her smile.

"I miss that." She said to him. "Me too kitten. But I'm afraid we have to wait until you're fully recover." Taehyung's gaze landed on her bandaged shoulder. "I bet it hurts like hell." Taehyung smoothly run his hand on top of the cloth.

Gyuri nodded, "It did. But you know what hurts me mor-more?" "What?" Taehyung's eyes were back on her. "When Jungkook and Jimin said that there's no way to st-stop you except to shoot you with tr- tranquilizer." Gyuri looked into his eyes. Pain clearly depict in her eyes.

Taehyung's face saddened. "Kitten, you should just let them do that. Don't worry about me. I'm used to it." "But not me! I ca-can't let them, or anyone shoot you wi-with anything!" the thought of having them shoot him already pained her. She shook her head. *no! I'll take good care of myself from now on. Then he'll won't have to go berserk anymore. Yes, I should do that.*

Knocks were heard on the door.

"Gyuri, omma is here to visit you." Yoongi's voice was heard from outside. Taehyung looked at Gyuri, "Your mother? But I never met her." "Don't wo-worry. She'll love you." Gyuri smiled. "You can come in, oppa." Gyuri called him. Taehyung quickly got off the bed, standing up still.

The door went open, revealing a woman in her early 50's, wearing a cream colored blouse. Yoongi was walking behind the woman.

Taehyung slightly gaped at the sight on her mother. *that's her mother? She looks so young for her age.*

"Gyuri honey, how are you doing?" the woman asked. Gyuri gave her a small smile. "I'm doing good omma." The woman then gently patted Gyuri's hair. "By the way, omma..." Gyuri's gaze landed on Taehyung. "I bet I never introduce him to you. Kim Taehyung, he's my mate." Gyuri smiled at her own words.

Taehyung smiled back at her before turning to her mother and gave her a bow. "Kim Taehyung imnida. Sorry that I never introduce myself, Mrs. Min."

"Aigoo." The woman stood up and gave Taehyung a big hug. "I finally get the chance to meet you when you're awake!" Mrs. Min smiled widely.

Taehyung blinked in puzzle. "Did you see me before this?" he asked. "Honey, I went to see my daughter every night. You were there, sleeping on the chair every time I'm here. So I just drop by for a moment and return back to my chamber." Mrs. Min told him.

Taehyung blushed hardly, feeling flustered. "My bad, Mrs. Min! Forgive my rude behavior. I know I should introduce myself first to you." Taehyung bowed to her. She chuckled, "Never mind, honey. You never left her side and I'm happy for that. I know how it's feel to see your mate getting injured. I witnessed worst and I'm sure your mother witnessed the same too." Mrs. Min said.

Taehyung nodded. He knew that Mrs. Min was referring to the war where his father and Gyuri's father got killed.

Mrs. Min cleared her throat. "You'll stay for dinner right, Taehyungie? I'll make sure to cook the best for you." she smiled widely. He bowed to her, "There's no need to trouble yourself, Mrs. Min." "Just call me omonim, Taehyungie." Mrs. Min patted his hand gently before she walked out from the room. Yoongi looked at Taehyung before he looked at Gyuri. "It's good to see that you're up, princess. Do you accept visitors? I know Sohyun and Samuel are worrying sick about you." Yoongi said.

Gyuri nodded with a smile.