❧seventeen❧

N A R R A T I O N
❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

Dawn and Torvas entered the restaurant with her arm in his. She patted the sides of her grey dress as the sound of her black heels clanked on the porcelain flooring

"Are they here?" Torvas asked his girlfriend. She shrugged as she overviewed the large area when she saw Torvas calling a man over.

The man was dressed in formal wear; a black button up shirt with beige khakis. He nodded his head as if waiting to hear what Torvas needed.

"Uhm we actually made reservations for a table of four. I'm not sure if the other two people are here" Torvas' deep voice claimed

As Dawn continued looking around the room she saw Mattia and the unclear outline of a woman sitting at a table in the back of the room.

"I see them" she whispered to her boyfriend who nodded.

"Oh they're right there. Thank you" he said before him and Dawn walked over to the table. Mattia saw her coming his way and smiled faintly

Mattia observed her fancy outfit. When they used to go out together she never dressed in formal wear. Except for once. On the day where they got into a car accident.

He frowns at the thought of that day. Who would've thought, even when they aren't together he has to bear the thought of seeing her with another man.

A few years ago that would've been quite unimaginable. Because he couldn't see her with anyone else other than him. He didn't know they were capable of being with partners who weren't each other.

Ava turned her head to see the girl walking over with her boyfriend besides her. She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked down at the ground.

She had seen someone who looked just like her at a bakery a while ago... and a man that looked exactly like the one she saw making his way over

In fact Ava knew it had to be them. It was the day where Alejandro had insisted she went straight home instead of out with Mattia. Her thoughts are interrupted by the sound of Mattia standing from his chair

She smiles immediately as she stands aswell. She sees a girl with brown hair in front of her and pulls her into a light hug. "Hey, I'm Ava"

"I'm Dawn. Nice to meet you"

Ava was about to say 'I'm sure we've met before' when she's met with an outstretched hand. A man with blackened hair.

"Hi, I'm ava"

"I'm Torvas"

She grinned as she looked over at Mattia who gave Dawn a side hug. He made eye contact with her as Ava lowered her gaze while she sat down.

Something didn't feel right to her

The women and their partners say directly across from one another as the table quietly chatted.

"So Torvas how do you know Mattia?" Ava asked the man as she took from her plate of salad.