❧twenty five ❧

N A R R A T I O N
❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

"Dawn!" Michelle called out from her room. Dawn walked up the stairs and entered the bedroom to see Michelle holding her phone with confusion plastered on her face

Dawn's phone was ringing.

"Who is it?" Dawn questioned as she approached her friend and took the phone gently.

"It's a random number" Michelle responded

Dawn stared at the screen before placing her phone face down on Michelle's bed. "I don't answer random numbers" she said before looking at herself in the mirror

"Where's Adalyn?"

"Taking a nap" Dawn turned to her friend. "I was thinking; we should go eat dinner out today"

Michelle frowned. "Oh uhm me and Alejandro were gonna go out tonight"

"Oh" Dawn fiddled with her shirt. "So you guys are official?"

"No no no" her friend was quick to respond with a slight laugh. "Just going for dinner"

"So it's a date" Dawn smiled. "Awww"

"Stop" her friend shook her head with a grin. "Why don't you and Mattia-"

"No" she shook her head and crossed her arms together. "I don't wanna be around him right now"

"Dawn-"

"Michelle I just need a break from him right now."

"It's been two weeks-"

"And it's been a week since Torvas' funeral. He's gone"

"He also showed abusive signs when you were together. But clearly you don't wanna get that in your fucking head"

Dawn raised an eyebrow. "Really? Mattia hit me about a month ago and cheated a couple of times. Oh and he also killed someone-"

"He wanted to protect you! Just let him love you and stop!"

"That isn't love!"

"You should be happy he even chooses to love you after you left him"

"So now it's my fault?"

Michelle wiped her face using the palm of her hand as she sighed. "I think you need to learn to let him love you. I don't know what's holding you back-"

The deepened conversation was interrupted by the sound of Dawn's phone ringing. Again.

She walked towards the bed and picked up her phone. Noticing the same number that had called minutes ago. "Who is this"  she questioned

"Maybe someone's just letting you know they got a new number"

"They couldn't just text me?" Dawn scratched her neck. "Weird"

"Just pick it up"

"What if it's a scammer"