Chapter 4: And my father is...?

Luke led me up to the big white farmhouse that was at the front of the camp. He kept sneaking glances at me but looking away when I met his eyes. I was unsure what I did was so wrong. This place must be used to weird things happening since everyone here has a parent that is a literal god or goddess.
"What did I do?" I ask Luke finally as we walked up the steps of the farmhouse. He looked at me with a hesitant look before saying.
"Atlantia, you have some...abilities that I have never seen before." Luke says looking at me curiously, "I am not sure if that is a good thing but I figure we should talk to Mr. D." He opens the door and gestures me to enter.
"Who is Mr. D?" I ask as I step inside.
"Mr. D is Dionysus, the god of wine," A unknown male voice sounds from the other room. I hear multiple footsteps coming down the hallway till I see a man appear from the hallway except instead of legs he had the rear legs and end of a horse. "And is currently our camp director until he is allowed to return to Mount Olympus." I just nod since I didn't know what to say.
"You're not going to deny that Mount Olympus isn't real or say why does Chiron have horse legs?" Luke asked surprised. I shrug.
"I'm a siren." I say matter-a-factly, "It would be rude to ask a centaur why he has horse legs when I can have a tail in water and wings and claws in the air." The centaur, or I guess his name is Chiron, and Luke stare at me before beginning to talk with each other.
"I thought you told me and the rest of camp that sirens died leaving Poseidon without one of his guardians of the oceans and rivers." Luke said surprised.
"I didn't know that one lived." Chiron explained looking at me in awe, "There is a prophecy about one but I was unsure if it would ever be fulfilled with the sirens gone but I should have known." He walks closer to me, "Let's head outside I want to see what you can do...Oh! Luke why have you come here with her?"
"She has some weird abilities," Luke replies remembering the real reason we came here, "She can see the names of people above their heads and can summon weapons to her hand. That's what we've seen so far. I don't know what god has those abilities. Could they be a part of her siren ability?" Chiron looks at me like he knows exactly who my dad is but shakes his head at Luke's question."
"I may have a clue who her parents are but I will wait till it is revealed. Also, sirens only have water related powers, and powers related to their voice." Chiron answers before beckoning me to follow, "Luke, you may join us if you would like. I'm just going to see if she has her siren abilities yet because if she does then I can add training classes for her to learn more about them." Luke of course joins us and Chiron leads me toward a lake that I didn't notice was a part of the camp.
"So, Atlantia." Chiron asked standing next to the lake, "how much did your mother teach you about a siren?"
"She was able to give me a history lesson and teach me the melodies of sirens, but nothing with my wings or powers." I say. Chiron nods before gesturing to the lake.
"I want you to close your eyes and listen to what's inside you." I do as he asks closing my eye listening. "Listen to the lake and feel the water under your skin. As a siren, you should be one with water, one with the ocean." I know I am standing next to the lake without touching the water physically but as I listen for the lake, I begin to feel the water under my fingertips like I was actually touching it physically.
"I can feel it," I say a smile forming on my face. I hear Chiron chuckling.
"Good, good. I want you to reach out to the water and bend it to your will. Let it come and dance around you." Chiron coached keeping his voice steady and free of any emotions. I feel for the water asking for it to flow around me and allow me to take control. I felt a pull in my chest and I allowed the pull to get stronger and stronger. I heard gasps far away but I was too lost in the feel of the power. The power continued to grow as began to faintly feel my hair begin to dance as the wind picked up.
"ATLANTIA!" My eyes shot open and the power disappeared. I looked around frantically as I saw dark clouds disappearing and water returning to the lake. I looked at Chiron and Luke and both were soaked. Luke's eyes were wide as he seemed paralyzed in his place not moving a muscle. Chiron looked apprehensively at me before choosing to speak.
"Perhaps we should end the demonstration and wait for Mr. D to return tonight." Chiron said before turning to Luke, "Take her to the cabin and make sure she comes to dinner tonight. Mr. D must see her." Luke nods before walking toward me like I was some scary predator like a lion.
"Come, on Atlantia. Lunch is happening in a few minutes." He takes my hand and guides me away from the lake. It's silence as he walks me toward the pavilion with all the tables until I hear the conch shell sound.
"That just means lunch is happening." Luke explains continuing to walk me up to the pavilion. As we get to our assigned table, the rest of cabin eleven shows up. We grab our plates and line up to do the offerings. I pray to Mr. D that he could help me find my father before sitting back down between Luke and Ethan.
"What did I do that was wrong?" I ask Luke when we had all began to eat. He sighs before looking at me like he was unsure of what to tell me.
"I just want to know who your dad is because the powers you showed," He shakes his head, "I don't know who has those powers."
"Wait the storm, the huge wave, and the wind was all her?" Ethan asked looking at me stunned.
"Yeah," Luke said, "Chiron says some of her powers may come from her being a siren but the others from her father."
"Whoa, whoa...Atlantia is a what?" Kara asked.
"Siren," I answer. "I'm a siren."
"But they were all killed during World War 2." She states
"Apparently not," Luke said, "Somehow, Atlantia's mom and most likely Atlantia's grandmother as well survived Zeus's and Hades's attacks on the sirens because they were afraid of their powers."
"Zeus and Hades killed my ancestors?" I ask softly looking at them with curious eyes.
"They regretted it pretty quickly once they saw the effect it had on the oceans." Luke answered. He sighs as he stares at me, "I think it will ease my mind once I know who you dad is because at the moment...you're just scaring me since you are not even five yet and you are already more powerful then any demigod I ever met. I mean Hades, you seem more powerful then any of the gods which is weird." Silence followed the rest of lunch and when it was over, we apparently had no classes so we were free to do whatever we wanted. Luke warned me to be back when the conch shell blew. I nod as I walk away from the pavilion. Somehow, I ended up walking to the lake again. I sat down in front of the lake lightly brushing my fingers through the water. I stay near the water for most of the afternoon and probably would have stayed there longer if I didn't have to head to dinner. When I heard the conch shell sound, I got up brushing the sand away from my shorts and hands before moving to head to dinner. Luke was relieved to see me when I sat down at the table. I guess he wasn't sure if I was good with following orders since I was not even five at the time. Dinner past slowly due to the anticipation of perhaps finally learning who my dad is. Finally, Chiron pounded his hoof to grab our attention. I see this porky man wearing a tiger print Hawaiian shirt stand and face us holding a can of Diet Coke.
"Yes, I guess I better say hello to all you brats so hello. Your activities director has told me that we have a new camper joining us today and that I must see this young girl. So, Arianna Beckley step forward." Mr. Chiron whispers something to him. "I mean Atlantia Brooks could you come here." Luke gently pushes me so I stand and walk to the center of the pavilion where Mr. D could clearly see me. When I step into his view, I see he is drinking from his can. When he finally lowers the can and looks at me with bored and annoyed eyes, his body language changes immediately. The can of soda drops to the ground with a clank which stirs murmurs across the previously silenced campers.
"It can't be." Mr. D whispers, "It was believed you died five years ago." Gasps and shouts were heard across the pavilion. I was not sure what they were reacting till until I see multiple symbols dancing across my head. I see a trident, hammer, lightening bolt, a dove, crescent moon, a glass of wine, and many others dancing across my head. Chiron took a knee with the rest of the campers scrambling to follow suit.
"I can't believe I am saying this..." Mr. D stated looking at me in awe, "I present to you Atlantia Brooks, my daughter and the daughter of every other Greek god or goddess you can think of.