Chapter 30: The invasion begins.

The shadows disappear and I immediately feel the pouring rain on my skin. I look around trying to see through this terrible storm being created by Typhon but I have to duck when a car flies over my head. When I look back up, I can see Typhon in the middle of the storm with my parents surrounding him. I open my wings and shoot toward them. I have to push hard to fly through the storm because of the powerful winds trying to push me away from Typhon. Eventually I made it close enough for Apollo to notice me.

"What are you doing here, Atlantia?" He shouts at me as steers his chariot out of the way of Typhon's hand.

"I got invited!" I shout back before calling on my own storm and winds powers. To my surprise, Typhon went crashing backwards. Typhon roared in frustration and I saw what I thought was his eyes focus on me. The gods and goddesses immediately push on their attacks spurred on by my ability to actually stop his movement. Typhon was focused on me and every time I was in range of him, he would try to swat me out of the air. After a few hours of trying to keep control of the storm and doing continual attacks which led to Typhon being pushed back a total forty miles, Typhon ended up being able to whack me with his hand. I flew toward the ground and hit it quite hard feeling multiple bones snap before falling unconscious.

When I awoke, I had a massive headache and I could make out the gods a little away from me fighting to slow down Typhon without my help. As I shifted my body, I could feel the broken bones that I had forgotten I had. I try to reach into the pockets on my jeans but it hurt so much that I couldn't pull out the ambrosia. However, before I could try again, Apollo dropped down next to me.

"I'm so so sorry. Atlantia." He said as he laid his hand on me. I felt a warm glow and then a snap as my bones were snapped back into place. "It's so hard to see up there. We didn't notice you went down until we felt the storm kick up and he started to move forward."

I groan in response and push myself up ready to continue fighting. Summoning rope made of water, I tossed them and lassoed Typhon around his neck. I yank the ropes back and Typhon stumbles back toward Apollo and I. He roars in frustration and moves to slam his fist down right where we were standing. We jump out of the way in opposite directions and narrowly miss becoming flattened pancakes. I scramble to my feet before shooting into the air with my wings opened. Typhon was definitely trying to take me out again being that I was the most dangerous one to him but my parents weren't going to allow him to send me to the ground again. It was a few more hours of fighting when I knew I was almost out of juice. I needed a break so I landed on Zeus's chariot.

"Hey, dad. I'm going to drop if I continue fighting." I say when he looked at me a little worried. He nods before ducking back into battle. I held onto the side of the chariot as I leaned against it trying to regain enough energy to continue fighting. Then I see a giant owl fly toward us before changing into a woman with stormy grey eyes when she dropped into the chariot.

"Father, we need someone to head back to Olympus. It's a trap!" Athena yelled over the roaring winds.

"I won't have any of us leave the front lines!" Zeus roared at her, "We are barely holding on here and that's only because of Atlantia and she is needed back in Manhattan soon to help the demigods!"

"This is a diversion!" Athena continued, "Typhon is just a distraction to keep us from protecting Olympus! Kronos is invading! If you won't send some of us, I'll go myself."

"NO! I WON'T HAVE MY BEST STRATEGIST LEAVE MY SIDE IN THIS BATTLE." Zeus angrily shouted, "TELL HERMES TO GET HIS ASS OVER THERE AND GIVE YOUR MESSAGE TO THOSE DEMIGODS." Athena still looked angry but she gave a curt nod before disappearing into the storm.

Taking a breath, I stand and open my wings before jumping back into the battle. I knew it was only a matter of time until I was called back to New York to help with the fight. It became my mission to push Typhon as far back as I could before I had to leave my parents to fend for their own. I released another shockwave before hearing someone call behind me.