Chapter 5: I'm the most powerful demigod

I didn't know what to think as I sat in Artemis's cabin the morning after the campfire. Chiron told me last night to chose a cabin to sleep in and even said that every night I can change where I sleep. For now, I am in this empty cabin. I want to be with my newly found family in cabin 11 but I knew it was overly crowded in there so to give them more room, I am choosing to camp in the empty cabins. Looking around I take in what I missed last night when I collapsed on the bee. The sky was decorating the ceiling with it showing the sun and clear skies but I remember last night that it was portraying the night sky. The bunk beds were made with visible wood with leaves and vines decorating the bed frame.
After looking at the cabin for a while, I stand going to get ready for the day since Chiron told me he wants to meet with me in the morning. I quickly get dressed before heading up to the farmhouse. When I step inside, I see the cabin head counselors all sitting around the table. Chiron was standing next to Dionysus in his horse form while Dionysus was sitting at the head of the table.
"Good morning, Atlantia," Chiron says smiling at me when he noticed me standing just inside the door, "Would you please have a seat?" I take the empty seat between a big muscular girl who honestly scared me and the princess blond girl who took me to camp with Luke the day Greyson died.
"So, I need to leave very soon so I'm going to make this quick." Chiron began looking at all of the teens present, "Atlantia has shown tremendous power with her being a siren and the daughter of every god and goddess known to us. This has led me to ask of you to help her train her powers. As head counselers of your cabins, I want you to discover if she has powers related to your parent. Clarisse, Atlantia has already shown signs of a power with Ares so I want you to work with that power today."
"What power does she have?" The scary girl next to me asks who I am assuming to be Clarisse, "I have never heard of or seen Ares's children having powers other then being good at fighting."
"She summoned a sword during a sword lesson when she was fighting Kara." Luke said sitting forward, "She had never had a lesson but when she was battling Kara, she showed skilled." Clarisse looked at me approvingly.
"That's my sister." She says grinning.
"Should we be creating a schedule to see what other powers she had?" The princess blond girl speaks looking at me warily. Chiron nods.
"That would be wise. Annabeth, perhaps you can do the honors. I need someone to train her with her siren powers as well. Perhaps the Apollo cabin can with her perfecting the siren songs that she was taught." Chiron says before looking at the clock on the wall. He folds his body into a wheelchair before speaking again, "I'm afraid I must be leaving. I have to return to the demigod that I have been personally watching for the last year. Atlantia, I will train you when I get back but until then, please be careful." I nod my head not fully understanding why he told me to be careful. Chiron then wheels himself out of the room. Mr. D looks at me with sadness in his eyes before popping open a can of Diet Coke.
"So, I should explain how you are the daughter of the Greek gods." Mr. D said looking at me, "You were born because all of us fell for your mother. I will admit I fell because of you mother's beauty and strength. She knew how to fight but she also was always willing to help. I don't know know how we all didn't know but we all blessed her and about 9 months later we hear of you being born." Dionysus takes a long sip from his can before continuing, "Monsters began attacking your home daily. We didn't know what to do since we weren't allowed to be a part of your life. Before we could decide what to do, we get word your home had burned down and no survivors were found. We were all devastated because Coral was such a great woman and we didn't like that our daughter died just weeks after being born but we moved on and I'm sorry we did since now I know you were truly alive."
"Why did the monsters stop attacking?" Annabeth asked, "Monsters would have kept trying to kill her especially with her being so powerful."
"Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that."Dionysus stated bitterly, "Best guess is her mother found a way to place a shield around her masking her scent. Now, I must go. Mustn't make Dad mad at me." Dionysus grabs his can before disappearing leaving only the smell of freshly picked grapes behind.
"Right," Annabeth said, "I'm going to draw up a schedule so we could work on Atlantia's powers but Clarisse maybe you should be the only lesson today since we don't want to overwhelm her?"
"Sounds good to me, princess." Clarisse sneered at Annabeth, "Now, little sis want to go train?" I nod my head timidly before getting out of my seat and following her outside. She begins to lead me toward Cabin 5.
"We need to pick up a few my cabin buddies before we train." Clarisse explained as we approach the badly painted red cabin with barbed wire decorating the roof. When we arrived outside the cabin, I heard really loud rock music blaring from inside. "HEY KNUCKLEHEADS," Clarisse shouted inside the cabin, "I NEED YOU OUT HERE. WE'RE TRAINING THE NEW GIRL." There are some bangs inside before these two big guys step outside.
"Atlantia, these two idiots are Mark and Sherman." She points to each one as she introduces them.
"Good to meet you officially," Mark says grinning at me. Sherman nods his head grinning as well.
"Let's go." Clarisse says walking toward the sword arena, "I want to see what powers you have."
"Right," She says once we are inside, "Sherman maybe you should spar with her so we can see her powers."
"Sounds good to me." He grabs a sword off the rack before grabbing a small one for me. I take feeling it unbalanced and uncomfortable just like the one Luke had given me. I close my eyes feeling the pull in my gut and a silver sword appears in my hands with different symbols engraved in the handle. Looking closely, I see them to be the symbols of the different greek gods.
"You can summon different weapons?" Sherman said staring at me with a grin. "Oh, I so want you on our team for the next game of Capture the Flag."
"We have weeks to convince her." Clarisse said grinning. "Now fight!"
Annabeth ended up creating a schedule where I would spend one whole day with one cabin so I could learn my powers. We couldn't find any powers with Athena except I was smart for my age but Annabeth said that was normal for any child of Athena. She seemed disappointed that I didn't have any special powers related to her mother. I guess she hoped if I had an extra power that maybe she could also have one. Katie, a child of Demeter, found that I could make vines come from the ground and wrap around my opponent. Lee, a son of Apollo, worked on my siren songs. He deemed me a master of the songs when I put him under my spell. He told me the next time we meet we would see if they're were any powers from Apollo. Charles, a son of Hephaestus, found I could control fire and not be burned by it. He told me it was a very rare power but he looked frightened for some reason because I could control fire but I ignored it. Silena, daughter if Aphrodite, had found I could change my looks, and clothing when she asked me if my white hair was its original color (My hair had changed its color rapidly in fright). She seemed impressed by that and this girl named Drew was super excited that I could do that. Luke just spent his day sitting with me by the lake so I could work on my siren powers since he assumed I didn't have any Hermes related powers. Pollux and Caster, Mr. D's twin sons, tried to see if I had any powers related to drinks, and I ended up summoning an entire meal so they left that alone. They instead just chatted to me. It was on their day that I heard shouts from the gate to the outside of the camp. I exchanged a look with the twins before rushing to the gate. I squeeze my way through the crowd of demigods to see a big explosion appear at the bottom of the hill. I shield my eyes before noticing three figures running toward us. A loud roar startles me. I look back down the hill to see the Minotaur charging up the hill toward the three figured. I was about to rush down the hill when I hear a voice in my head.
Stay child. The child of Poseidon must defeat the Minotaur on his own.
I resist running to help since the last time someone spoke in my head, it was a god so I figured I should obey the order. I watch as the three figures split with one of them carrying the other. I watch as the person places the other on the ground before running away from the person laying on the ground. The Minotaur charges that person. It grabs him/her before squeezing. I watch as he/she disappears with a flash of light. It confused me a lot before I see the one figure who was not lying on the ground waving his jacket like a bullfighter's cape. It didn't go as he/she planned with the Minotaur wrapping him in his fist. The figure struggles before grabbing his hands around one of the horns and yanking at it. It rips off cleanly with the Minotaur roaring in agony and the figure dropping to the ground. The Minotaur recovers quickly more mad then before charging at the figure. I see the figure stab the horn into the Minotaur side. The Minotaur roars clawing at his chest before crumbling into dust and being blown away into the wind. I watch as Annabeth and Mr. Chiron who had somehow returned without me knowing ran to the figure lying there. I watched them as I thought about what that voice said. I know Poseidon is one of the most powerful gods and somehow I knew if that kid down there was a child of Poseidon, then it is going to be a rough summer.