Chapter 40: One year later

I walk into the kitchen of the home I bought a week after leaving Camp Half-Blood and the demigod world. I've been living off money that I get from Pluto every week since he is the god of riches. He is one of the only connections I have had from that world but it is very limited since all he does is drop my weekly allowance on my front door before disappearing. The other connection I have had is with Nico, Thalia, Reyna, and Micah. We do dinner some days in one of the many restaurants around Manhattan and sometimes Reyna, Thalia, and I do some shopping trips together usually about twice a week. I give advice to Nico on his relationship with Will every Sunday that he takes me to the hidden graveyard of all demigods that had died. Micah and I have some sort of fun relaxing day every Saturday which has helped me forget about the deaths of family.

Everything was doing good. I still had most of my family and I had a chance to be a normal-ish young girl for once. However, that all changed a morning about a year after I had left camp. It started all normally. I had walked into my kitchen to pour a cup of coffee from an automatic coffee machine that Hephaestus made for me for my birthday. With no input from me, the machine makes me my coffee which I liked since I think I would just burn myself if I made coffee myself. However, I noticed a note on my kitchen counters but that was not what drew me toward it. There was a blood spatter surrounding the note. I summoned a knife and walked over to the note. Sensing no traps and nobody around, I carefully pick up the note and unfold it.

Atlantia,

You kill my wife, I kill your family. Feel the pain I feel now that my love is gone. Good luck living in a world without anybody to support you. You drained the gods of their powers so they can't have anymore demigods so no more family. Enjoy a life of pain and solitude.

-Tartarus

Panic filled my chest as I realized what happened. I immediately shadow traveled to Camp Half-Blood and the sight was horrific. Bodies of the demigods filled the hill and camp. Blood covered the ground. Not one demigod was alive and even Chiron had been killed and it wasn't just the Greek that had been killed. The Romans were here probably because of the portal I asked to be put in. I slowly walked over to the Big House and entered the basement where the portal had been added. I activated it before stepping through. I found the same sight in Camp Jupiter as I did in Camp Half-Blood but to me it was almost worse because the monsters even killed the kids that were living in New Rome with their demigod parents. I truly was the last of the demigods and I was alone.

I don't know how I came to this decision but before a rational thought could stop me, I had shadowed traveled to the Underworld. I walked straight to the fence that prevented unaware ghosts from being dragged down in Tartarus. I leaped over the fence and turned my attention to the pit. Slowly, I walked over to the pit before summoning my favorite weapon, a spear, and jumping into the pit. Instead of slowing my descent like I had before when I fell into Tartarus. I had released my wings before folding them down and pushing myself down the cavern. It didn't take long for me to fall into Tartarus. I unwrapped my wings and controlled my descent landing on the ground with power radiating off of me because of the anger I had from Tartarus. There were a few monsters that were nearby and they were disintegrated immediately. 

"TARTARUS!" I screamed, "COME OUT AND FACE ME, YOURSELF. I THINK IT IS TIME FOR YOU AND I TO HAVE A CHAT ONE-ON-ONE. IT'S JUST YOU AND ME NOW!" There's silence for a while but then a presence appears behind me

"Hello, Atlantia." I turn to see Tartarus in a humanoid form. "I see you got my gift."

"Oh, I got it alright." I growled, "And I want to give you your own gift." I don't wait for him to respond. I just charge him. He smiles as he just raises his hand. Dark smoke swells around him before shooting toward me. I could make out the sharp debris deep inside the smoke so I call on my own powers to push the smoke away from me and back toward him. We end up in a battle to see who could push the debris filled smoke to each other which if hit against either of us would seriously injure that person. I decided that he was most likely more powerful so I did the best thing I could do. I unleashed my earthquake powers pushing it toward him and giving up my strength on holding the sharp debris filled smoke. The smoke envelops me and the debris hits multiple parts of my skin leaving me with many bruises and open wounds. Tartarus didn't field any better since I sent him crashing straight across the sharp ground and into the mountain that was behind him.

I brush off the pain and run toward him opening my wings. Using my anger and the pain from losing the rest of my family, I unleash every power on Tartarus. Earthquake power, wind power, water power, fire power, he had no chance to defend himself from my attacks. Each attack hit him weakening and injuring him. He tried to call for the monsters but because of my powers radiating outward, not one monster could get closer then a mile.

"You killed Nico!" I shout as I continue my attacks, "You killed Reyna...Will...Micah...Chiron...all of my family. They are gone because of you!" He tries to send an attack by summoning a spike from the ground but I just dodged it. "And you will join your wife in eternal sleep never to hurt another member of my family." I call on every power I had and sent it straight into the center of the body. He screamed as they all hit him and to finish him, a spike is called to impale his body just like his wife had killed Percy. His body exploded into tiny dark dots and immediately the pit felt less alive and I knew I had succeeded.

Unlike I thought it would, it didn't make me feel any better. Revenge doesn't really make you feel any better but I was glad that this evil was permanently eliminated from the world. I opened my wings and pushed myself back up the hole that I had fallen down to get back to the underworld from there I shadow traveled back to Camp Half-Blood. I allowed myself for the first time to mourn the lost of my family. I cried and I knew my powers were crying with me because a storm had started. I just let it rain because I didn't have the energy to make it stop. Once I was ready, I pushed myself up and went to do burial honors for all the demigods and Chiron. It wasn't easy to have to burn every demigod's body. There had to be at least 200 demigods that had been killed by Tartarus but I did it.

When I was done, I took one last look at Camp Half-Blood and collected as many reminders of my family as I could. I grabbed Nico's skull ring, Thalia's shield, and many other items for a memorial that I would build in my home before disappearing down the hill as the last demigod alive.