Chapter 33: I'm broken.

When I awoke, I was in Artemis's cabin. I had bandages covering my body and my leg was wrapped in a cast. There were crutches laying against the bed so I grab them and pulled myself to standing. Hobbling out of the cabin, I realize it was evening time. I spot everyone at the Dining Pavilion so I make my way up there. As I get close, I am spotted by Micah, Percy, and a few others who run to come help me up the hill. I noticed as I got closer the sitting with your cabin was forgotten as people celebrated the win and mourned their lost.

"Atlantia, how are you doing?" Annabeth asked me giving me a sympathetic hug.

"Not good." I say giving her a small smile, "What happened?"

"When you saw Clarisse," Chris began not looking any better then I felt, "You broke. Your powers went haywire and you ended up starting an earthquake, a hurricane, and almost starting a tornado before your parents put you to sleep." I nod my head as everyone changed the subject to the awards that the gods had dished out.

"Oh that reminds me." Percy said suddenly, "Apparently you are immortal from natural causes. You can only die from overusing your powers or a fatal wound."

"Is this something they gifted me or I already had this?" I asked turning to him.

"They say you already had this. They said they never found a reason to tell you until now. You can however choose people to stay immortal with you by always loving each other whether as a friend or lover." Percy said grinning. "Poseidon said it is an unconscious decision so you may have already gifted that."

"Maybe but I wish it can protect against fatal injuries." I say sadly remembering Clarisse since I figure if that is true, then Clarisse would have been immortal from natural causes. The demigods in my area fall silent at that.

Later at the campfire, we honored the dead with the proper funeral rites. Clarisse had a dark red shroud embroidered with a drakon in the center of the shroud. The Ares Cabin allowed me to burn it since they knew how close I was with her. Tears dropped onto her shroud as I lit it. Silena's shroud was burned next. It was hot pink with an embroidered electric spear to signify the connection to the Ares cabin. The Ares and Aphrodite cabins lit the shroud together and no one mentioned that she was a spy which I felt was appropriate. I was sadden at how many shrouds we had to burn but I knew it was a small number compared to what it could have been.

Camp stayed open to the summer demigods for an extra two weeks and actually went all the way up to the first day of school for the demigods who were choosing to go to school. A lot were done in those two weeks. The satyrs brought in so many new demigods because of the gods' promise to make sure to claim all their children. Multiple cabins were also in the process of being built and some actually looked pretty cool. Nico was working with his skeletons on the Hades cabin which was almost completed and was looking like a true cabin for the children of Hades. The original U-Shape of the arrangement of the cabins was being replaced with a rectangle but because there are so many cabins being added, Chiron and Annabeth were thinking of creating another wing.

I stood on top of the hill as I watched the demigods leave the camp. It sadden me because Clarisse and I stood here so many times watching each demigod leave. I feel an arm gently wrap around my shoulder in a comforting manner. I glance up to see Micah standing there. I smile thankfully before turning my attention back to the departing demigods.

I knew my prophecy had begun. There were no other friend that could cause me such a heartbreak like Clarisse did and I knew I was supposed to get some true love out of this but that was the only possible good thing in my prophecy. Then there was the matter of the next Great Prophecy that Rachel had revealed. I knew I would have the pleasure of seeing it unravel with my newly found immortally from natural causes but I just didn't know how soon it would happen. Somehow though, I had a feeling it was going to happen sooner then we expected. Once everyone who was going to leave, I walked over to the Hade's cabin to talk to Nico.